Thursday, October 18, 2007

Jackson!


He is a wildman! All boy, all the time. As sweet as honey and as tough as nails. He is my cuddlebug. He is still attached to his blanky and binky, although mostly he only has it at night/naptime. He is so ridiculously smart and is so observant. He wants to do everything himself, unless "no, Mommy do it!" He is so cute and ornery all the time. He is into everything. He loves to play hard. He loves to watch "Bob" (VeggieTales). He will be Bob the Tomato for Halloween and I am not sure who is more excited, him or me?! He can do anything. He runs so fast and hard. He LOVES to dance and "rock" out with ANY instrument but particularly the drums and guitars. He dances amazingly for a 2 year old (who is white). He loves to help me in the kitchen. He loves worships Taco Bueno, but he calls it "pay-o" and he gets bean burritos "reeetos" there (last night he ate 3). Whenever we see "pay-o" he starts running in place (trapped in his carseat of course). He gets in the car, gets in his seat, buckles it, and says "ready" all by himself now, which is great and so helpful! He still likes holding my hand most days. He LOVES to swing and could do it for hours on end without EVER wanting to get down. He loves to climb. He loves to be outside. He likes to dig and get dirty, and yet, then he'll wash his hands by himself like 20 times afterwards. He loves to go potty on the big potty by himself. He wakes up dry almost every night. He is sleeping soundly each night in his own bigboy bed without getting up (generally). He says funny things all the time...but right now I can't remember very many. He laughs a lot, and with soul! His laughter and smiles light up my world every day! He gives the best hugs and kisses. He stretches out his arms as far as they go and says "of you dis much" (i love you this much)....MAKES ME MELT! He giggles with his sister and loves to play with her. His eyes dance when he sees her. He loves juice. He likes to drink out of a big cup and does great with it. He loves going to church. When he wants me to come to where he is, he puts out his little hand and opens and closes his fist and says "ummm, Mommy, ummm" (come). He says please and "thanks" about 40% of the time without being prompted. When I correct him to say "yes, mam" instead of "yeah" he just says the mam, but it almost sounds like mom...but he's getting better. He likes his trains now a lot. He likes things that can be taken apart or put back together. He loves things that do. He is a doer. He needs to stay busy. He loves to paint. He caught his first bug in his bug box the other day and then we let it go (it was a cricket) and then we found another one and in the process of getting it in the box, he killed it (squished it) and he was sad. Then we found a spider and it is still in the box, and I hope it dies too. He is the joy of my heart. He is learning so much and picking up on so much. He is talking a lot a lot a lot more and will attempt to say just about anything. He is counting and can repeat the ABC's (when he wants to only). He is growing up and it makes me sad but I LOVE IT! He is wonderful. He is such a blessing. He'll always be my baby though :) I wouldn't want to be Mommy to anyone else on this earth (I am Mama to Creighton).



1 comment:

erin said...

Not sure how i found your blog but I have a Tulsa zoo pic with our heads in the monkey fac holes on my blog also!!! (You have to scroll through though, it's not on the top like yours.)

It's always fun to find someone nearby!