Sunday, July 1, 2007

daily ramblings

Jeff has been on a wild trip all over Texas with his senior guys bible study. They have had a great time so far and not too many crazy things have happened. I think that as it is wrapping up that he is ready to be home though. He is expected back tomorrow night! I am ready to see him! I miss my baby.
We were at Freedom Fest tonight in OWasso with my parents at their church (Freedom Church). It was really fun. There were lots of activities, jumpers for Jackson, food, live music, and fireworks! Jackson LOVED the fireworks and Creighton didn't like the loudness of it all. Everytime one popped she'd grab a hold of me for dear life...and cry! It was sad. I think she was very tired too though. She was THE BEST baby ever all day. She did great in the nursery this morning and then took a good nap twice and then tonight at the event she just smiled and cooed and talked and laughed and SMILED so big all the time! She was so sweet. Jackson has been a little pill today but I think it is a lack of sleep and a lack of seeing his Daddy and LOTS OF SUGAR. He hasn't had a good meal all weekend really, he just keeps eating snacks and sugar! Oh well...such is life of a toddler when there are all kinds of festivities going on. He will crash hard tonight I think. He played hard hard hard tonight and like I mentioned earlier,l he LOVED the fireworks. Everytime one went off, he scream, MORE MORE! and ohhs and ahhs and wows and excited smiles and laughs each time!
My dad and I participated in the egg toss and I got "yoked" on...and we lost! Oh well. My mom and dad and me all participated in teh golf contest and my dad got 3rd in the mens and my mom did okay a nd I did HORRIBLE! I haven't swung a golf club since I was 12 though...and it was noticible....BUT...I did learn how to throw a spiral and a good one tonight. My dad taught me. I was holding the ball too far down on the seam and when he adjusted my hand I threw spirals every time after that! So that was good.
I am sad that our softball games are cancelled for the rain ....it is like 4ft under water tonight and it is still raininga nd they haven't even released the dams yet....so it will get worse for sure! I LOVE playing softball. It is theraputic for me. I like getting out and being competitive and playing and being without my babies for 2 hours a week. It is NICE! ALthough, I must say that last week was a little rough (or I was) because I tackled 2 ladies and wiped one out on a tag. It was pretty funny hindsight, but at the time I was really sad about it because I was struggling with my identity. More on that later...but anyway, I play rough!

No comments: