Wednesday, December 5, 2007

We're Back from cali...things are good

Here are some pictures of our stay in California:

here is Jeff when he was called up on stage to do sound FX for Universal Studios. I just love the picture because I captured his REAL smile (too bad his eyes are shut though)...still had to post it
here is the picture of Jeff and I near the only water (ocean) that we saw on the trip and this was unexpected as we were detoured way off our track on the way to the airport (suppose to go to Burbank and ended up in Santa Monica on the pier off of Santa Monica Blvd.) But it was a good thing! I loved the view!

Here is a picture in the same location of Becky and I!
Here is a picture of the Colaws and us. I thought it turned out nicely.


Here is Curious George...I saw him and HAD to take a picture with him for Jackson! And someone pointed out to me that Jackson looks like him...I agree...but I think it just the nose (not to mention the fact that Jackson is VERY curious like CG too though ;))



Here we are with Shrek...as if you didn't know....


Yesterday we spent the day in Owasso to finish our "vacation" family style. It was nice being able to relax and play together as a family. The kids were excited to see us. I got the BIGGEST hug from my little man that there ever was! Creighton was just excited to nurse again, and I'll tell you...so was I. (*a) because I hate pumping and b)because I truly do enjoy that time I get with her!)

We came back home last night and ate at Taco Bueno (which has officially been promoted in Jackson's vocabulary to "tock payo" instead of just "payo" now *which I LOVE). His vocabulary has just exploded and he is speaking in long sentences now and for the most part I can understand him about 80% of the time. It is so incredible. I love it! He is the funniest guy. And he is SO sweet too!

All day today I kept myself very very busy without really a moment of stopping! The day went by SO fast. It always seems to do that on Mother's Day Out days unfortunately. But it was good. I went to see my friend Melissa and her sweet baby Avalynn today and she is SOOOO tiny and sweet. I went to get all of our mail (which was a ton!) and then went to the bank and to walmart! The ever love-hate relationship I have with that place....but it wasn't too bad. I came home and put away all the groceries and did LOTS of laundry. I ate a few bites for lunch, checked my emails and it was off to get the kids. When we got home we played hard for 3 hours until we had to leave for church. Nikao/small group went well and we made it home by 9:30 and the kids went to be late like around 10 or so.

I had so much fun with my kids today. I was intentional with them and I had energy and I was just refreshed from my time away with them. It was truly (as much as I can remember) the greatest I have felt in a long time (since Creighton was born anyway). I am just at peace with where I am in life and the stage of life that I am in. I found myself humming and singing a lot today. We played music and colored and cut out Christmas trees and snowflakes and played in their rooms and read books and did A LOT in only 3 hours. I had FUN with my kids in a way I have not ever been able to experience. I am so so thankful for my vacation, if for that reason alone. Life is good and I am so blessed. *now lets see if I feel that way on a day where I have my kids for more than just 5 or so hours total of the day :)...but that was a good way to start it off....even though I could tell I was different even yesterday. I love productive days...


Oh yes, and if you don't know about being elfed...check out our version of it! Haha

3 comments:

Becky said...

Glad you had a good day with the kids! The elf thing freaks me out - the kids are as tall as you and Jeff!!!

Unknown said...

who wants to see the pic of courtney up on stage doing special visiual effects!! ??

khowze said...

That elf thing is hilarious!!!