Monday, April 26, 2010

6 months

Charleigh had her 6 month well baby today.  She's healthy in all the majors, but we've got to try to figure something out with her eating.  So here we go again, round 4 or 5 or more with trying "solids".  Today she had squash with her rice and almost threw it up, but kept it down.  That's a huge accomplishment in our world :) Now, here's to hoping there will be no rash!  Then we'll  try it again tomorrow.  Squash is new to her, we've never tried it in the past...so she might be eating a WHOLE LOT of squash.

She weighed 15 pounds 5.5 ounces and is 27 inches long!  She is well above all the average milestones for this age, which doesn't surprise me one bit.  She wants to do everything the big kids are doing and can't wait to be able to walk and talk. 

She is such a blessing to us! Each day is awesome...even when she's cranky from 5 vaccinations! (seriously...don't we think that is a little much for a 15 pounder?)

Dear Charleigh--
You have grown in every way over the past 6 months. It's been so fun to watch. I think my favorite part of you is your chubby little rolls on your legs and arms.  You were so little for so long...this is so fun to see you with some meat finally.  Although your head is a close second and those sweet cheeks of yours...because I LOVE kissing all over you.  You are an incredibly social baby and LOVE people.  You love to "talk" to Creighton and Jackson all the time.  I am pretty sure you are spoiled rotten, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I am just smitten by you.  You are a mommy's girl in every way and I don't mind one bit! Thank you for letting us love you and for being such a sweet baby.  I hear everyday how much you look like me...and I watch how you act like your brother and sister...it was just meant to be sweet baby girl. You are so loved by so many people. 
Love,
Mommy

No comments: