Monday, January 4, 2010

Charleigh 10 weeks


Sweet Charleigh Tatum is 10 1/2 weeks old and we went for her well-baby visit today.  Doctor said she is perfect! She weighed 10 pounds 12 ounces and was 23 inches long.  She is coo-ing, grasping for things, following things with her eyes, social smiles all the time, raising her head up during tummy time, holding her head on her own for short amounts of time, and has me wrapped around her little finger! I love this kid more than I ever though it was possible.  She is the best baby in the whole world and my heart flutters every time I see her and even more every time she smiles at me.  It just doesn't get better than this!


Charleigh,
You've only been in our world for a short time, and yet, it seems like you've been here forever. You were destined to be with us, to be loved by us, and to love us in return.  We adore you. All of us, in our own way.  The way you light up when you see us, especially when you wake up in the morning, is priceless.  You are already sleeping through the night and that my dear precious girl, is a miracle for this momma in so many ways.  You love to snuggle up on my chest and you absolutely LOVE your Moby Wrap and you sleep like an angel baby in it a lot! I can't get enough of you. I miss you terribly when I am away from you for even short amounts of time.  This was the best Christmas ever, as we were informed you were ours forever just two days before we celebrate Jesus' birth.  It seemed as though God wanted to provide another miracle though the birth of a child this season. We couldn't be happier and any more blessed than to have you as a part of our family: our Christmas Miracle.  I think more than ever, I know a similar feeling to what might have been going through Mary's head when she stared at her sweet baby.  You are getting bigger and are more aware of the things around you every day.  You are still the most laid back and loving little thing there ever was.  I love you more than a thousand trips to the moon and back! You delight my heart....Love, Your Forever Mommy

No comments: