Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Goodness

This has been a hard week. Jeff has been gone and the kids and I really miss him, a lot.  When I am missing him I get sad. When they are missing him, they get bad, really bad! It's really taking a toll on me, making me even more sad. I am so thankful that he gets home soon, although yesterday would not have been soon enough.

Anyway, this morning on the way to drop them at Mother's Day Out, we rolled up seconds after a pretty bad wreck.  Creighton saw it before Jackson and asked several questions before she then suddenly said, "We should pray for them." It delighted my heart and made me smile! Then I asked her to pray (she really loves to) but she wanted me to pray. Then before I could even start Jackson said he wanted to. It was just really sweet.  He really didn't have the words and Creighton helped him finish one of his sentences...

I will cherish the moment in my heart and mind forever.  Working together. Talking to the Lord.  Sweet compassion. It just doesn't get much better than that moment.

2 comments:

Scar Girl said...

That is so sweet and wonderful :)

Hannah said...

Those moments are so sweet. And so important. I love seeing those glimpses of God working in our children's hearts already. And I love that you're counting blessings on a hard day. Hope the week gets better and better, friend!