Saturday, April 23, 2011

My Baby turns 18....months that is

  Where has the time gone?

I had wanted to start this post several weeks ago, knowing it was coming, but alas, I have been a little preoccupied.

I wanted to note all the things that she is doing and saying. But really, she can do and say just about anything.  She wants to be and do and say EVERYTHING that the big kids do.  She tries to say ANY thing you ask her to say.  She puts multiple words together all the time.  She's amazing.  She climbs and jumps and runs and mimics literally to the smallest detail everything any and all of us do.  She is so observant it's kind of scary at times.

She sings.  And my goodness it's the most precious thing I have ever heard.  She sings almost every word to "Jesus loves me" and we do it all the time.  That is the song that calms her.  Anywhere. Anytime. Anyplace.  Most especially the car.  So, sometimes we sing it around 50-100 times consecutively.  It works, what can I say?  I can think of worse things that parents do to calm fussy babies...:)

She is becoming less and less baby and more and more toddler and most of me is happy about that, but knowing she could be the last (baby, at least) does have some sentimental-ness to it.  I've enjoyed this third time more than any other.  I don't know if I felt a small amount more confident and competent, or if it's just that she is the.best.baby.on.the.planet.  It doesn't hurt that she's adorably cute and is very cuddly!

Lots of people (myself included) comment on a daily basis about how great she is, whether it's her eyes, her curls, her beauty, her cuteness, her smile, her cuddles, her words, her (you name it).  Literally I can't take her anywhere without someone noticing her.  I am pretty sure God has a mighty big plan for this little one.  I don't know what it is, or if I will ever know, but I do know that from the VERY beginning of her life, HE had a plan. I am so thankful that I get to be a part of it.  We are so incredibly blessed by Charleigh Tatum!

Charleigh--
It's just your 18mo "birthday" but it's special. It's special because really all of your days are special.  I wrote just above this letter to you about how I am so excited that I get to be a part of your story. I am.  There is nothing greater than for me to hear you call me "mommy" (or "mom" like you've been doing lately).  It's my greatest joy to be your mommy.  I am thankful to your first mommy for the opportunity to be chosen for this enormous job.  I am thankful that God had a plan for you.  I know that He still has a big plan ahead for you and I can't wait to see it all unfold in the years to come.  You have taught me so much over the course of your life so far and I know you will continue to do so.  I love you so much, and I always will, forever.  I know I can't keep you little forever and that the world will try to grow you up even faster than you already are, but I just want you to know, that you are precious, you are priceless, you are special, you are a gift, you are loved by SO many people and you have the potential to change the world.  Your Daddy and I want nothing more than for you to know that the Creator of the Universe loves you and for you to have a personal relationship with Him.  Second to that is that you are loved deeply by your first family, and by us.
Love,
Mommy
this was you at 6 months! So much has changed in a year, but you still have those sweet cheeks, and beautiful eyes that twinkle when you flash that gorgeous smile...love you sweet baby Charleigh.

No comments: