Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sweet word picture

On the way to church last night the kids and I were talking in the car. They were asking all kinds of questions.  Creighton asked about snakes and I took it the bible and walked them through the story of the Adam and Eve.  Then got to even take it a step further and talk about sin and death and yet, also about Christ why He came.  It was a great conversation!

Then Creighton asked how, when you die, do you GET to heaven.  She wasn't asking a salvation question, just didn't understand how you physically arrived in heaven.

I told her I didn't know.  But I did know that we could trust that somehow God would make it happen because we were promised that.

Jackson said he knew.  He said, " God reaches his arms WAAAAAY down all the way to you, picks you up and carries you to heaven himself. "

I just loved it. I needed it. and whether it's really true or not, I know that in some way it is.

I just love my sweet boy! and I love that the Lord knew I needed to hear that HE does do that, even now, when I am not physically dead, but emotionally, spiritually, and mentally.

No comments: