Sunday, June 24, 2007

Jackson is 2!

We had a spectacular 2nd birthday party for Jackson yesterday! Here are some photos and captions of the days' events. It was a blast and fun was had by all! We had lots of family and friends in town for the festivities.




Here is his Bob the Builder cupcake tower. I heard they were yummy but I didn't ever get one. But not to worry, Jackson had I think 3! Three is seeming to be the theme of this party even though he was only turning 2!



Here is his Bob the Builder Cake from Maggie Moos. It was chocolate ice cream and oreo mix-in with chocolate cake and it was YUMMY. I definitely had a piece of this. Daddy was SUPER excited about the cake. It was good, but really not worth the money and kind of a hassle because it was so hot (to keep it from melting) and also there was like maybe a quarter inch of cake instead of half and half like we expected...but it was cute! And it was a hit...Jackson blew out his candles and couldn't wait for my mom to cut it! So...




he took it upon himself to dig in!





And this is what he looked like...it was EVERYWHERE....but he was pretty dang cute with all that icing all over his face. I think he liked his cake!








Here is 3 generations of John Bergs! It is amazing how much they all look alike in their younger photo comparisons.





My mom rented this little Jupiter Jump and the kids LOVED it! They jumped their little hearts out A LOT! It was worth it I think too, because they got a ton of energy out, but even more so, it kept them busy busy and OUT of the house for extended periods of time. (with 30 some odd people in one house at the same time, that was good!)






Here is Jackson with his Pinata. It was harder than the kids could handle really, but eventually it broke and the candy came out and the kids really loved that! Candy galore since there were only like 6 kids there and two of them were 2 years old. We couldn't find a bat so we were using my mom's vaccuum tube at first until my dad cut off a broom stick (which helped the process along).







Here is Jackson's 1st Car he got. My mom and Dad got him this one. He really liked it and so did the other kids. Here in the back of this picture was his 2nd vehicle (his first tricycle) that Papa John and Grandma Debbie got him. It has the really great handle on the back so I can push him because he isn't QUITE big enough to peddle yet. And we are learning to steer still. We road it today and he hasn't quite mastered the concept yet....he doesn't know he has control. But we are working on it...
He is (much to my dismay) in love with the Wiggles and my mom got him a set of THREE more dvds! AHHHH...oh well...it makes him so happy. And he does the funniest thing to tell you he wants to watch the Wiggles...he wiggles and says "uhh" and it is so funny and he does it a lot! I try and try and try to get him to SAY "wiggles" and he just won't...he just wiggles his hips and says "uhh" every time.
Here is the 3rd Car, yes 3! Obviously this one was a big hit. He crashed it into just about everything he could at my mom's yesterday and then again today at our house he hit everything in site...like I said, we have to work on the steering thing. But I LOVE this truck. It is so cute and he looks so cute driving it and he LOVES it. He gets the biggest smile when he sees it.
Needless to say, our kid is so spoiled. He got lots and lots of neat toys and clothes and so much stuff it is insane. He got playdoh, videos, puzzles, cars, books, toolsets, bug catchers, bubbles, mr. potato head, firetrucks, stickers, legos, buckets and shovels, towels, suitcase for grammy's, and lots of other things I am sure I am forgetting. He still doesnt' quite get the whole present opening thing. He gets very bored with it and wants to stop and play and couldn't care less about it all....
We were all pooped by the end of the party and didn't leave till LATE! I am going to post about the people and post more pics of people and Creighton and family and friends from the party later on. I have a busy week with volleyball camp so I don't know when that will happen. But I will get to it, because there are lots of fun pics of Creighton and Amari and other family and friends too!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's my boy!!

Maria said...

Rose's kids have a "beep beep" (Jeep), and she would put them in it and turn the wheel all the way to one side so that they would drive in circles. This really helped until they could drive it better on their own! :)

Anonymous said...

The party was so much fun!
I am so glad I got to come up and see the kids and the family.
Love you all and cant wait to see what happens next in your kiddos lives!
Love you guys!