Wednesday, June 6, 2007

swim scare

Yesterday was a really long and crazy day, but overall a good day I guess, minus about an hour of it! My saga drama that happened yesterday is this:

We went swimming at the Casselberry's pool and it was a little cold and Jackson decided he didn't want to swim...he was pretty fearful of the pool too because he slipped off the step and went under (no big deal, because he had his floaties on) and he did NOT like that. So he was playing in the yard and on the patio being a sweet little guy...and I was talking to Katie laying out by the pool and watching him. I turned my head for less than 20 seconds and I hear a big splash behind me from the hot tub area. Of course my heart drops out of my body and I get up and SPRINT to him. I can see the terror the absolute shock and terror in his little eyes as he is trying to do anything and looking for me to save him. He was definitely under the water by the time I finally got to him and I was horrified. He was horrified. I was crying, he was crying. He was coughing up water. I was crying some more and praying some more thanking the good Lord for watching over him and letting me get to him as fast as I did. It was awful. I now HATE pools and know the incredible FEAR of losing a child right in front of my eyes. It was awful. I felt like a horrible mother for even turning my head and/or letting him take his floaties off within a pool area. I am still unsure as to how it even happened because I am certain that he was not wanting in teh water, he wouldn't even come NEAR the pool at all, not within even 10 feet of it. So I am wondering if he slipped or what happened ....the hot tub had a floating cover on it and so I think he just didn't know it was a pool. It was so dirty too...full of leaves and bugs and dirt and he swallowed it....ugh! But that was absolutely the LEAST of my worries at the time. I am just thankful he is okay....and I am recovered....my emotions must have been seriously scared because I had the worst dream (nightmare) ever that he had died and what life was like during that. I woke up with a dreadful physical pain in my soul. I hurt. And Jackson slept with me last night too, and so when I woke up I just held him and kissed him and was so thankful for him all over again.

Anyway, besides all that, I have had a good week. Last year at this time I was a basketcase with Jeff gone and this time I have passed with flying colors. It was Jeff that struggled more than me this time. He is missing Jackson (well, and me and Creighton, too) but specifically jackson really bad! Jackson got really upset last night when he heard his daddy's voice on the phone...I think becasue he misses him so much. ...goodness knows he asks about him like every 5 seconds throughout the day. Anyway, and so that upset Jeff a lot that he was so sad about him.

Jeff comes home tomorrow and I am EXCITED about that. I am excited to see him and hug him and kiss him. :)

Well, the kids are all well. Creighton is doing much better now and that is good. jackson is getting closer everyday to being 2. bob the builder party is going to be fun!!!

2 comments:

Maria said...

Wow! Scary times!!! I could not even imagine...

Maria said...

I am tagging you! I don't care if you tag anyone, but still...oh, and I posted mine on "A Piece of My Mind."

1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.

2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.

3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.

4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.

5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.