Saturday, June 2, 2007

Jeff gone, Life

Jeff left for Waco, Texas Friday morning really early for the mission trip (Mission Waco). Granted its only Saturday night, but I am doing okay this time. Last year when he left I was a basketcase. I had to go on anti-depressants....but I was pregnant with Creighton at the time and they made me very very sick so I really only took them once and never again, but I was certainly not "okay" last time and although I am very sad he is gone and I miss him, I am okay. Like I said too though, he hasn't even been gone for 48 hours yet though :). I found out today though that they are coming home a day early because they had plans to attend the Collide Festival in Sherman, Texas on their way home and now the festival is cancelled due to weather. I am sad for them that they can't go, but I am very happy to have him home a day early!
Jackson went to be with Terrie for the weekend and Creighton and I have hung out with my parents all weekend...it's been great. Jackson comes back Monday morning early to Bville with Debbie (Jeff's stepmom). And school starts this week (M/W) for Jackson too. So, M/W won't be too bad and of course Debbie will be here to help me also, so it should be fine. Then Thursday my mom took off and we will play with her and then Jeff comes home Thursday night! :)

Creighton turns 7 months old in 10 minutes...well technically I guess more like several hours but in 10 minutes it is June 3. Jackson turns 2 in like 21 days and that scares me. I can't believe he is two years old. I ordered his cake today. We are having a Bob the Builder party for him! I am excited about that! My babies arent so baby anymore. Jackson is getting so big and so helpful (most of the time) and Creighton is unbelievably older than she is in reality. She is doing so much and Jackson is talking more and more each day. He is really catching on to things too. He is so smart. He is very very into details and I can tell he will follow in my footsteps being a perfectionist...which I am sorry for him for that because although it might get him far and ahead it is a pain in the butt!

I turned 27 this past month too...and Jeff turns 28 next month....life is really moving fast. Sometimes the days last for an eternity, but the years go so very fast. So fast...

I miss my baby and my hubby tonight. I am so thankful for my mom and dad and their incredible hospitality and love. I am thankful for my family. I love my family. I love my life and I hate it that I don't always FEEL that....but right now, life is good. I am blessed, so very blessed.

2 comments:

Maria said...

I miss my husband when he is gone too... even when it is just for one or two days. I think it is a good sign. :-)

I'm glad you have family around to help with the babies. I know it is hard going at it alone...even if it is just for a day or two!

Hannah E. said...

NO! =) The person I was writing about doesn't read my blog. Hey, I was going to tell you though - I loved your distinction at the bottom of this post about what you know is true and how you feel about it. Sometimes the two are not the same, and I'm sure everyone relates! I do. And I'm blessed by hearing you say it.