Monday, November 12, 2007

Date your Spouse and Comedians

Oh man, this video is hilarious and the post (by Dawn at 6 pack) is so true! I haven't really ever thought of the analogy of the airplane oxygen tanks. It is great though and so so true, that to be good parents to our kids, we have to take time away from them to invest (make deposits) into our marriage! Jeff and I sat down and nailed down some time with each other for dates twice a month, and working out once a week together, working out seperately, and then I get a girls night out and he gets a guys night out once a month! I am SO excited about it! I can't wait.

I love comdians. If you have never heard of Brian Reagan...you should listen up and laugh! Also, for the ladies, Chonda Pierce is another one of my favorite!

2 comments:

Lori said...

My Jeff and I are going on a date night Saturday! I am so excited. Our church is having free child care night for people who work in the nursey. Before Emma Kate we had date night every Thursday. We don't that often now but do try to go out it least once a month. Neither of our parents live here so it is hard but thankfully we have a few couples at the church who love to keep her for us....I always just feel bad asking. It is SO IMPORTANT to continue to date your husband I always try to remember that I said "I do" to him way before I said "I do" to our child.

Angel said...

Date night. we are also doing one this weekend. we have had a few in our married life, and need more.
I love the video. you always find the best stuff. your blog is often the highlight of my day,so keep up the good work!