Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween

Well we leave very early tomorrow morning and I am now saddened that I am missing my little girls First (and only 1st) Birthday! How can parents do this? What was I thinking? Oh well...it's a little late now...she (and he) are gone to my moms and they are leaving in 6 hours to go to Houston, TX and we are leaving in 10 to go to St. Louis. AHHHH!

**Thank you to all who emailed and commented on my post below. I like it that many of you can relate!

Anyway, my week did get better. We have had far less "outbreaks" with the crazy little people and more or less they have returned to their sweet selves.

We had a good day yesterday for Halloween at the Fall Festival at Grace. I went as a cowgirl, only because it was a very last minute thing. I got fabric from Walmart at 5:45 to make Jeff a Larry the Cucumber costume to go with Jackson's Bob the Tomato. I am not creative, and before last night, I didn't know I could sew! :) (especially under pressure, without a guide, and without a machine). I am VERY proud of myself though...because I only spent like 20 minutes at the most *(maybe less) and this is what it turned out like!

Here is Jeff and Jackson together as Bob and Larry! Aren't they cute!?

Here is Creighton and I...she as her sweet white bunny little self and me as the silly cowgirl.

My parents came up to take Jackson and Creighton around the Fall Festival because Jeff and I had Nikao. I ended up getting to be with them mostly though because my small group didn't show up. There must have been a better party elsewhere...which was fine and I assumed that would happen.

This is what Jackson and Creighton went to school looking like (so as not to mess up their real costumes):

*excuse all the laundry and unmade bed...that's embarassing...but the laundry is now complete...all 8 loads of it. Most of it is even folded and put away. The bed however is about to have my sleepy head in it and it never got made today...oh well.

4 comments:

Becky said...

I hope you have a good time on your trip. Remember, she does not know it is her first birthday!!! I am praying for you!

Courtney said...

thanks Becky! And, that was my original thought in being okay with going (being gone) on her birthday! so thanks for reminding me :)

Maria said...

Oh where is my hairbrush. Oh where is my hairbrush. Oh where oh where oh where is my hairbrush. ...

I love Bob and Larry. Seriously some of the greatest shows ever.

A Place For Ministry Wives/A Place For Me said...

You are ALL cute!