Monday, November 19, 2007

Under Construction

I don't know how many of you noticed that I was away and so was my blog for a few days. I needed to do some cleaning up within my blog...and so I did. I found that I had some drafts that were duplicates and some posts were not worth leaving up and within some that were, were specific things that I shouldn't have said/needed worded differently.

I had like 218 or so posts to start with and now I am back down to 197, this one being 198, and so I will get to do my "blog anniversary" on my 200th post like I had wanted! So that is good news!

I had wanted to do this for some time and never took the time to do it...and now I know why...it took HOURS and several days to do this! But, it was brought to my attention that I am a daughter of the King, and I am also a wife of a minister and therefore, whether I like it or not, I have to be even more careful about my content, my comments, my depth. I value being "real" so much that I said some things that hurt people, confused people, made people wonder and worry. I need to be more careful because we live our life in a fish bowl---and that has to be okay....even though sometimes it is very hard.

I learned alot about myself though through re-reading all of my posts over the last year. I learned that I am constantly talking about sleep! Sorry to all of you about that :) I value sleep so much and I love to sleep. When people ask Jeff what my hobby is, it is sleeping, and that is exactly what he says :)....But I also learned that I complain an awful lot! That isn't a good thing at all. My "realness" that I prided myself in being, wasn't very appealing to the public eye, and so my apologies for that as well. I will try to do better.

I am very grateful for good friends and for people who care enough about Jeff and I to put us in our place when we are out of line. That isn't always easy...AT ALL, but man, so true is the verse in Proverbs that "Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses."

Life is good. I am learning a lot. That is good, not always easy, but good. My sweet husband is so good to me...and I am so in love with him. Going through difficult things together is always a good test of the strength of our marriage and commitment to one another.

The kids are good. Both of them are getting over a cough and ear infections and such, but are being pretty good. I am weaning Creighton off of nursing and as sad as I am about it, I think it will be good for BOTH of us. It does really make me sad though. I have LOVED nursing both of my babies. It is sucha sweet and tender time and noone else gets to EVER experience that closeness like I got to with them. I'll never forget that (I hope!).

I finished up my Seeking Him bible study that I love so much. I miss it...but I am glad that I am able to move beyond a specific study and do some good old fashioned scripture study with the Lord. I am on a 30 day commitment to studying the word and spending quiet time in prayer...I desperately hope to come out on the other side of the 30 days changed and knowing the importance of that daily time and cherishing that time so much that I can't not continue in it every day. I want desperately to be different. To be sold out for Christ. I want the Lord's joy to be my joy...even when being a wife and a mommy and a christian for that matter gets tough!

I am so thankful for my friends and family!

8 comments:

Becky said...

Your friends and family are also thankful for you!!! Can't wait to see you in just a little over a week!!!

khowze said...

Hey, Becky, that's what I was gonna say!! I am so thankful for you, Courtney...you're an awesome friend, a great mom and I learn more from you than I think you know!!

Unknown said...

Oh yeah...
Well, i am so thankful for you, baby!!
So take that Becky and Kara... :)

Maria said...

I hear you on the fishbowl. Ours is a little different, but it is there.

I like to go back to read my blog, but I do it as a reminder of where I was at that time. Changing the post doesn't change history.

Anyway, there is nothing like committing to change and then doing it.

Courtney said...

It is good to be back into the blogging world and better yet with my new set of eyes/perspective. I enjoy this...alot! Thanks for the comments from 4 of some of my most favorite people! :)

Angel said...

I am so glad you are back. Like the others have said, you are a wonderful mom and friend and i appreciate your truth, honosty and even your complaints. your "sleep problems" and others are real issues that everyday people deal with and i enjoy to some extent learning how to deal with problems by modeling your Godly behavior. thanks for everything.

Dennis, Rose and our Clan said...

good to have you back!! You took away the link to Ashley's page though and I am not home with my favorites list!! I miss your links on the side!

Marci said...

So glad to see you are back. I will pray for your 30 days to be life changing as you seek God's face. I am sure you will find this time to be so sweet and you will crave more and more of it.