Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A Little Crafty Birthday Fun: What Works For Me!

Once we turned the calendar to June, Jackson asked me at least 100 times a day if it was his birthday yet. I got a little exhausted of the questioning, so I came up with this:
The red, blue, and black links just have the dates on them June 1, June 2, June 3, etc.

The real fun is the WHITE links. There is one for his actual birthday June 24th, and one also one for his PARTY day June 28th.
He gets VERY VERY excited every day to take a link off. This has stopped the questioning about when his birthday is, given him something to look forward to, and we count each and everyday (a little learning) how many days until his birthday. Tomorrow there will be only 7 days! I can't believe my little baby boy will be 4!!!! He is so big!
This Worked for Me!

3 comments:

Kipplyn said...

Homeschooling in action right there! Doesn't get much better than that! *wink-wink* LOL!

Unknown said...

My mom did that with us when we where little as a Christmas Count Down. We called it "The Chain". Every day we tore off a link and did the Christmas related event written inside. This only worked until I could read because then we would look ahead.
Now I do a version of the Christmas Count Down with my kids every December (okay, not last December, because Dad was sick).
Great idea to count down to their birthday!! I bet he loves it!

khowze said...

I can't believe he is almost 4 either. How did that happen so fast?