Thursday, June 18, 2009

My Sweet Boy and a Blessed Day

Tonight in the car Jackson was laughing like an old man...it was hysterical alone, but when Creighton screamed at the top of her lungs, "Dat is not berry funny" I thought I might burst a kidney. Then Jackson looked right at her, as he was still trying to laugh and said, "Rae Rae is sooooooooo funny" which only egged them both on. Her screaming "not berry funny" and him laughing sometimes his normal cute laugh mixed mostly with this weird laugh (for no reason).

I know it was a "you had to be there" moment, but oh well. Jeff and I were in stitches...who says that, and what does that mean anyway? I am old.

Precious, priceless, melt-my-heart-like-butter-on-a-skillet moment: Jackson picked out Jeff's clothes this evening all by himself, then proceeded to "help" Jeff get dressed. Then when Jeff sat down to put his shoes on Jackson went over by him, called me, then Rae for a group-family hug. It was so sweet. His own thing. His timing. His idea. He is such a lover.

I am so blessed. I LOVE my family. We had such a good day today. Just the four of us for the most part. We ate breakfast all together! We swam in the back yard. We went on a walk, and took Lexi, the dog we are watching this summer. We flew kites. We danced together. We ate a late lunch. Took late afternoon naps. We swam some more. We went to the Kiddie Park (love that place!) and then we had a really late dinner. And we got in bed really late...well I am not there yet, but the kids are just now getting down and its 11:14. What are we thinking? I don't know. But it was a fun and very memorable day! We loved each other well today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I didn't take a nap...