Wednesday, August 11, 2010

First Day

I took this picture last night before I went to bed.  I just wanted to capture them when they look like peaceful and quiet :)  Last night before he'll be in school for the next 14 + hopefully at least 4 after that.
Went ahead and took hers too, just because I found it amusing!
Our morning didn't quite go as I had planned, but it was okay.  My alarm didn't go off, but thankfully Jeff's did a little later.  Then he was nervous I think and sat on the pot for 20 minutes.  So we were really rushed and he hardly ate one bite of his breakfast.  We all walked together to school.  The girls were in the stroller and Jackson was walking, but since were running really late, we put him up on the stroller and wheeled all three in record time! :) He was not late to class!  He did exceptionally well and went right in and got busy with the table assignment (playing with shapes).  No tears from anyone.  All smiles.  (even me)
After we got home, I was pretty sure after about 20 minutes I was going to hurt Creighton and then thankfully she turned a leaf and was amazing the rest of the morning and afternoon.  She liked being the "boss" and just playing. She played independently very well while Charleigh slept and even helped do some chores.  Jeff kept me VERY busy by suggesting I clean out every cabinet in the kitchen, which I did.  We had fun with the girls, they were cats today (actually Creighton at one point was also a dog, with pink paint).
At 3:34 we left our house to pick him up from school.  (yes, we were running late). But it didn't matter, the pick up line was backed up to New Mexico.  So I finagled my way into a spot and took off sprinting to his school and found him and MANY students and parents and teachers. It turns out we were hit by another parent in a white van in the process of them trying to park.  Exciting! :( (They have got to figure out a better exiting system).  He was happy to see me, but said he had a great day, but that he got in trouble on the playground (his teacher told me too).  But other than that he did great.  He couldn't remember any of the kids' names, but I guess that will come. I just want him to feel connected socially, but I might come to regret wanting that for him, since once he is, if he is anything like his Daddy, he'll be the class clown!

After school our whole family and Colton's whole family (minus one) went to Braum's.  Apparently that was half of Bartlesville's plans for the first day of school too.  It was a little crazy, but a lot of fun and again, I just can't say enough about how sweet their relationship is.  It was like peeling apart kids from Disney or something getting them to say goodbye to go home. 

I thought Jax would be very tired after such a long day, but I really didn't see too much evidence of that until 8pm sharp.  He lost it. It was awful.  He told me I was the worst mom ever, which stung a little, but I knew he was just tired.  He later, thankfully, apologized and told me he loved me, unprovoked.  He was asleep as soon as I walked out the door.

Good day.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I have loved reading all of your posts about Jackson going to school! You are one cool mama! Jackson (and Creighton and Charleigh) are so lucky to have you!