Monday, April 30, 2007

Rest, Speed, Dairy, Lovin'

Man oh man....Jeff and I went away this past weekend and it was fabulous. The kids were with the grandparents at our house and were well taken care of, and thus, it was amazing to be away. We went to Dallas and we did not see one person that we knew, not one! For those of you who know us well, that is an amazing thing because we know so many people in the Dallas area and we have had so many kids over the years through kamp/youth ministry from Texas that I was absolutely shocked! It was great! I had Jeff all to myself and our cells don't work (roaming) in Texas and so that was even better. We went to Six Flags all day on Friday and it was lots of fun except that there were 5000 Texas Assoc of Student Council teens there with us...(where the amazing that we didn't see anybody we knew part comes in). Six Flags was great because it was free (we had comp tix) and the weather was nice so it was good to be out in the sun and warmth! On Thursday before we left for Texas Jeff got his cast off and was put into a boot (removable, more comfortable, not smelly--all good things), so that was nice because he was able to walk all over the park and not be in too much discomfort or anything...and he got to shower and that is always a nice thing when you get to spedn time alone with your husband. We were gone from Thursday to Sunday and I truly think that it was the perfect amount of time...although I will admit I wasn't really ready to come home quite yet, but I was very tired of pumping and ready to nurse again--which is so much less painful! I got rest which was fabulous. We had no plans really at all except for Six Flags and we didn' trush out the door to get there at 10...I think we didn't end up getting there till like closer to 1 or so. We ate at Bennigans and they took a while to bring us our food so it was free! :) So free lunch, free fun, Friday was a GOOD DAY! Albeit, we were both EXHAUSTED by 10pm when we left and by 11+ when we arrived back at the hotel.
Saturday we were super lazy and I slept till like 11 and then still didn't leave the hotel till like 1 or so. Then we went out to the Traders Village which I can't explain why I like them because I hardly ever buy anything, but I love going to those things and we were there from like 2-6. Then we ate an appetizer/snack since we hadn't eaten all day because we had dinner reservations at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. I had never been. It was really good food. We got a free dessert because we were celebrating our anniversary (lets just say a little early :)). Regardless, our meal was like 96$...they weren't hurting for money....Jeff's mom treated us to that meal and so it was free to us either way I guess...but anyway...it was nice...and romantic...but we were still at the restaurant at 11pm....holy cow....seriously who is eating dinner at 11pm...but we certainly were not the only ones there....craziness!
We left Sunday to return home and I think that the drives up and back were some of my favorite parts of the trip. I drove every second we were in the car all weekend long and we just got to talk...heart to heart, surface, deep, laugh, giggle, question, sing together, all that my heart wanted...it was just great! and...I must add that there is no need for race car trax in dallas (although there are some really awesome ones--we went to one) because all you have to do is get on the highway and it is real! I loved it. I drove like 80-90 miles an hour most of the time and was like I was in Nascar....IT WAS GREAT! It was my adrenaline rush for awhile...Oh how I would love to go on the Autobahn and just go go go as fast and as long as I wanted...that would be so great. I love going fast....
Anyway....I had a fabulous time and I am "restored" as a mother and as a wife....My kids are beautiful and healthy and I swear they each grew a mile a minute while I was gone. I missed their sweet faces, but I know that I am a better Mommy to them now because I left them. I ca'nt wait till we go again. Maybe like every 4-6 months or so...jsut to go away for 3 nights and get rest and eat whatever I want...(oh man, the dairy I did consume...at EVERY meal was amazing!....)and just get away and remember why I need Jeff and why I fell in love with him and let me fall in love with him all over again. It was fantastic....fantastic. I feel like a new person! It is amazing what sleep, love, fun, speed, & time away can do to a person....can't you just hear it in my voice...well in my words...I haven't felt like this in a long long time.
I could write forever I feel but I am not really saying anything anymore that I haven't already repeated serveral times, so goodbye for now....

2 comments:

Hannah E. said...

SO HAPPY for you. I know what you mean - Those kinds of weekends are HUGE blessings!!! I feel a little bit refreshed just after reading about yours!

Maria said...

It sounds like you had a marvelous time! Yeah!!! :)