Sunday, April 1, 2007

April Fools

I wish I had heard those words this morning from 12:30-4:30...but it wasn't a joke...rather a gross reality. I am so thankful that I got sleep the night before because I didn't get any last night. Jeff has big stuff due tomorrow morning and so I thought I'd let him read really late and I stayed up with him to help him stay awake and encourage him. We went to bed about 12:30ish or so. Shortly after that Jackson was up and I didn't know why..but I gave him his binky and blanky and laid him back down and came back to bed, within 30 minutes Creighton was up and hungry so I fed her and put her down and came back to bed only to get right back up less than 5 minutes later to her wailing...so I gave her some tylenol because she seemed very uncomfortable and rocked her and fed her some more(for about 45 more minutes)...she wasn't really finished when I heard jackson crying for me again. So I put her in her bed and prayed she'd go to sleep (which eventually she did). I went to check on him and there it was....the grossest (that has to be a word (:) nastiness ever...he puked and it was everywhere...walls, floor, blankets, pillows, blanky, binky, pjs, mattress, EVERYwhere...so I scooped him up and puthim in the tub and thankfully Jeff (who was absolutely amazingly helpful and such a good husband to me and daddy to jackson) got up to help strip the room/bed. Jackson didn't get sick again, which was nice, but it was weird. He didn't run a fever and was just kinda like...okay hurry up I am tired its like 3 in the morning and I want to go to bed. I was the one somewhat "freaking" out that he'd get sick again and I didn't want to put him in his bed and anyway I rocked him for what seemed like an eternity and he wasn't comfortable it seemed so I asked him if he wanted to go to bed and he said yes...so I hesitantly put him in his bed and checked on him like every 5 minutes for about 30 minutes and finally went to bed myself. THankfully he didn't get sick again. I was sad because I really wanted to go to church and had all of our clothes already laid out and everything...oh well. He woke up this morning at 8:10 and my brain was like...NO! But I got up with him anyway. Poor Jeff has sucha long day ahead of him and he is so tired too. He has chruch and then the big True Love Waits event tonight and then he has to finish the 483 page book he has to read and then write a 14 page paper due tomorrow morning at 8am. ...if only April Fools would reign down some joking on all of this for the both of us...but reality is none of it is/was a joke...but we are okay...and we will make it...we always do. Maybe pray for the two of us today though if you think of it.

1 comment:

Maria said...

I love the new look on the blog! :)