Saturday, March 31, 2007

Family Update

Well my week got worse before it got better, but what matters is now it is better. YEAH! Praise Jesus! I am in better spirits...and Praise the Good Lord I got some rest last night...I spent the night at my moms with the kids and she got up with Creighton (who of course, did much better than she does for me but it didn't matter because i was sleeping either way)! Jackson and Creighton love their grandparents and that is such a blessing!

I had the opportunity to talk to my brother whom I never get to talk to...we talked for like 40 mintues and that was great. It is so weird that he is growing up. He has this serious girlfriend and the thought of him being married in a few years is mind-blowing to me. Weren't we just little like yesterday playing together...oh wait...I have TWO kids of my own and am working on finishing our fourth year of marriage....time flies...it just isn't suppose to happen to my baby brother! I love him and miss him so much. Oddly enough, my sister left me a message a few days ago too...she is even harder to get a hold of than my brother because her life is insane. I love my family!


Jeff has been incredibly busy these past few weeks and will be for another week and a half and then prayerfully will slow down. I hate it when all we get to see of each other is in passing...

UPDATES:

Jackson--


officially in his new room and big boy bed. It is going awesome. He does super well in it and it is actually really great. Today I was nursing Creighton and he was sleepy and so just went in his room and it was really quiet and I had an odd feeling I'd find him in his bed when I went to check on him...there he was binky and blanky in mouth and hand and laying in his bed...ALL BY HIMSELF and without being told. He stays in it too...all because of the FAMOUS "MR. SPOON" oh I love the Chancey's for the idea. It usually only takes a few times for it to work and with the bed it took one night and only 2 spanks and he hasn't gotten out since. That is FAB-U-LOUS!


He is super super sweet to his sister adn loves to play with her and kiss her still. He is excited that she is more active, but I cannot wait to see them actually play play together when she is big enough....they adore each other. We had our first visit to Chucky Cheeses the other day and hopefully our last...it was awful. I think it'd have better if there weren't SERIOUSLY 200 people in there--lets talk nightmare! Here is a pic or two of our outing...


He is starting to do some FUNNY things too...when you tell him to do thumbs up or otherwise known to our "Full House Generation" as COOL DUDE thanks to Michelle, he sticks both of his pointer fingers in teh air and totally thinks he is doing it right...he shows his muscles which I think is amazingly adorable as seen below:

He is talking a little bit more these days, but still not much. He will one day I am sure of it though. I never did take him back to see the doc for his hearing because the test just seemed retarded to me and I think he hears fine. We'll go back after his 2 year appt. if she still insists it is his hearing at that point. He did get all 4 of his cuspid (canine) teeth this week...at the same time poor guy!


He really loves being outside these days now that its nice enough to be. He likes going on bike rides with Daddy and going to the park the best. He is really thinking he is quite big---a lot bigger than he really is. He is fearless and it scares me. But I also love it too...


He is "outgrowing" lots of baby things such as : highchairs, boosters, strollers, etc...he thinks he needs to be like Daddy and not have to be confined...I think not being confined is the big thing though! I can't believe it...its hard to imagine him growing up so fast...21 months...sometimes that seems like forever ago and sometimes that seems like yesterday.

Creighton--
she is a jabber mouth and might just talk before Jackson does and certainly I am assuming she'll talk way before he did in age...she loves attention and smiles alot. She has adorable moments and moments *usually at night* that make me go crazy. She decided that after the one day of eating 3 bowls of rice she doesnt' quite like it anymore. She, I believe is teething and maybe this is why. The last few days she has been a bit more fussy than normal and drooling like a madman. She desperately wants to sit up--DESPERATELY--and she is pretty close to being able to sit up with only a little help. She is funny. She is stubborn and hardheaded and definitely lets you know how she feels--whether happy or sad.

She really is a happy baby...do they get much cuter...I think not!
Same towel...different kid...Jackson was much chunkier :) And Creighton has some amazing skin if I do say so myself. They are about the same age in these pics...isn't that crazy (Jackson is a bit younger)

Jeff--
still working on masters and still doing a great job. HOpefully will be finished with the majority of it a week from tomorrow. He has 3 or 4 more books to read and several papers to write before next Sunday night and then after that I think he has just a few assignments left and it is completed!!! His asst. comes May 14th and I am super pumped about her arrival not only for her help for him, but because she is a good friend!

Jeff had an interview on the new (FOX23) this week that was fun! He was on for like 2 minutes but it was good. They had the 30 Hour Famine this weekend and I think he is glad the event is over with but said it went relatively well. He has another huge event Sunday--True Love Waits--about abstaining from sex. Hopefully they will have a good turnout...you never know with those things though!

Jeff loves to play hard with the kids but he also really likes to read with Jackson in his new bed. Although playing hard will be on somewhat of a raincheck since he is in a hard cast for the next 4 weeks, adn then get a walking boot for 2 weeks after that...poor daddy

Me--

I am trying to be on top of things and usually that doesn't happen. My house is typically picked up but not ever clean, but I am okay with that. I love to laugh and giggle and play with my kids. Creighton and I do our fair share of "talking" and smiling and cooing at each other...here is a pic from when were interrupted from doing so:


I have also decided that I am a blogging-addict...I love to read blogs and write blogs and its crazy how "connected" I feel to some people I don't know AT ALL in life, but only through words on a computer screen. I feel odd about it but yet, I am okay with it. I laugh and cry with people and about people and for people and I think that is a good thing. It makes me happy. Other things that make me happy: mail, packages, massages, good food, family, friends, laughter...and the list goes on...I am thankful for good things...I am thankful that I am so blessed. I am thankful for the hard times in life that are followed by God's showering of blessings and hope...faith and love. God is good...so good...

1 comment:

Maria said...

I'm sorry I missed commenting on this one! I was in Minnesota, and all went by the wayside then! I should be sleeping now. I'm going there as soon as I do one more thing.