Saturday, March 3, 2007

My babies

The funny thing is that I am starting to notice more details about the kids and how incredibly different they are.
Creighton is talking constantly-- babbling of course, but I swear she can say mama and dada already...maybe because we drill words into Jackson all day now, she will talk quicker than most (maybe at the same time Jackson does at the rate we are going with him!) Anyway, she is pretty unsensitive to noises that most babies I figure would be. She can entertain herself too...Jackson has had a harder time learning that since I was at his beck and call always. She doesn't like her binky as much as Jackson at all, and she doesn't need (or atleast doesnt' like) to sleep near as much as I thought babies did....(really just in comparison to Jackson).Creighton does not like to cuddle...but rather likes to face the world--even in how you hold her, she had to be held out, not cuddly like Jackson was.
Jackson is always in motion and hardly ever sits still...UNLESS he wants to cuddle and then he is as sweet as can be and will kiss and cuddle and hug and it is SO sweet...until he gets bored or distracted and then it is 100 miles an hour again! He is pretty hilarious. He does this thing where we ask him to "show us your muscles" and he brings his arms to his chest and sqeezes his fists and makes a super cute face like he is flexing and it is priceless. Then he has started doing "home alone" when Maculey screams with his hands on his face and Jackson does that too. He is liking to be the center of attention most of the time, but then here recently he'll pretend he is shy and that is pretty funny too....he is NOT shy by any means.

Creighton has the cutest dimples known to man and I adore her smile. She is generally happy unless she is hurting and then watch out...she'll let you know it! She can scream with the best of them.

I love both of my kids...I love their details, I love their differences. I love them! I will try to post a few pics on here, but for some reason sometimes they haven't been downloading on here. But I do have a few new ones that are pretty sweet.







3 comments:

Maria said...

It is amazing how quickly babies develop their own personalities! Last night someone asked if The Boy is more like me or Kevin, and all I could say was "both." He really isn't like one or the other, but a nice blending of both to make his own distinct personality!

BTW-- always reading am I and recently I read that babies who constantly suck on a Nuk take longer to develop their "voice" and learn words. Of course, there are plenty of articles and studies that say it has no influence too. I've been reading a lot about it, because in Germany, you see a lot of 4-5 year old kids sucking on a Nuk! Not kidding, basically EVERY German kid in the mall has a Nuk.

Maria said...

P.S. Amari wants to know if Creighton will be his girlfriend! Her smile melts his heart.

surgeberg said...

i have the best family in the whole world!!