Saturday, April 21, 2007

a lot of nothing

I had a fabulous time at church last Sunday. It was really great just to be there and to be worshipping. Its been so long it seems since I was at church and actually able to enjoy it and relax and BE there in the moment, in the uniqueness, in the presence of the Lord...it was nice. I hope that the kids stay healthy for me this weekend so that I can go again...they also seem to get sick Saturday night...I think the devil enjoys watching me, preying on me, and loves to make it happen so I can't go and worship. I hate that! Fevers and puking for little ones make it not possible to take them to the nursery....therefore, I can't go....I pray for their health every Saturday....well usually most days, but very fervently on Saturdays :) I really wanted to get that on the post, just so I would remember...thanks for listening

I had dairy out the wazhoo last night and it was terrific....we went to Ted's-mexican food-where they give you free queso, chips, salsa, flour tortillas, and sopapillas...that was fabulous! I ate queso like I was a starving child or something...I think literally I had 4 bowls by myself....it was so yummy....and I had cheese on everything I ate (except of course the delicious sopapilla--I had 2). Then later that night we went to Cold Stone...which I was disappointed in for sure, but oh well....oreos and ice cream....
I am shocked that my stomach isn't hurting as bad as I thought it would be...I am doing relatively okay. We went out with our friends Becky and Brent Colaw because they are moving to California in the next week or two. We had a good time...but it is sucha shame that I am so tired because after like 10 I was just in zombie mode...and I was planning on spending time with my husband together at home since we had no kids, but I just fell right asleep...poor him. Oh well...this too shall pass---I swear I hear that almost daily...I think that is my least favorite quote...not because I don't like it...but because EVERYONE uses it and thinks that it just should solve all of my problems...well, it doesn't. UGH! sorry about that little rampage for a split second...I think I am just really tired of everyone throwing that around and at me.

Well this blog was super pointless really but that is okay....by the way...I have left 2 huge picture posts (Easter pics & Family Update) and no one is commenting on them...I like comments...I like to see who is reading...so comment! :) Especially when I leave fun pics behind for all to see... :) (thank you for those of you who do comment, have commented and ahead of time for those of you who will comment now)

I am thankful for my night without children that I was able to sleep through the night...that was amazing!

3 comments:

Dennis, Rose and our Clan said...

ok ok ok I will comment for you! I do not normally comment but just for you I will!

I night with no children is a blessing in that you get to remember why you love those little beings! And really honey This too shall pass is sucha lame thing to say as I too have heard it so many times and really most times I think or say bite me! Not nice. Know that through all this though the Lord is walking beside you and holding your hand so that if you should falter he will lift you againt o your feet.

He has had to drag me a few times but I always get back up and he is there. Know I am thinking of you!

Maria said...

I'd like to point out that I commented on the Easter pictures, and I think I get a pass for the others because I was living it up in Minnesota.

One of my friends prefers to call my issues "growing pains." I think it is funny, but it is a lot better than saying that "this too shall pass." Grr... that phrase. It must be universally annoying!!!

I did not think this blog/post was pointless. It made me smile!

Courtney said...

Thanks Rose and Maria for the comments...I appreciate it! :) Also, Maria...I did know that you commented earlier on the other picture post, so thanks....