Sunday, October 26, 2008

Middle of the night

I never really sleep well when Jeff is out of town, and well, he left (with Jackson) on Friday. It's just been Creighton and I. We've had a great time together, but she is definitely more of my high maintenance child AND she wakes up at the crack of dawn and hardly slows down for the remainder of it.

Tonight I just feel awful. I woke up at 2a thinking I was going to be sick. Thankfully I wasn't, but I just feel like I did when I was pregnant with Jackson. NO I AM NOT PREGNANT. But I just haven't felt nausea like this in a long time. It is no fun.

When I went to check on her before I went to bed, she was asleep (VERY SOUNDLY) on her floor next to her bed face in the carpet. I have no idea if she was just there, or if she fell off and just ker-plunked there on the floor and never moved.

I got worried just now though when she woke up screaming. The very last thing in the world I wanted to do was to move... But I went to check anyway, and she was fine. She probably just startled herself or something, because I held her for less than a minute and she was out again.

But now I am FULLY awake, because really I never had gone back to sleep at 2. I was contemplating the entire time who I was going to call to come over in the middle of the night to take care of me/her because I felt so incredibly sick. But now I am feeling better (weird) but can't go to sleep. Wonderful.

I suspect she'll be up at 7 on the dot (or earlier) and I might have to crawl out of bed and pretend to be cheerful! Oh well...missing my hubby. And my boy.

No comments: