Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Canning 101

I am pretty sure I needed some guidance this go around...but oh well. I think (emphasis on think) I got them all (but 2) canned correctly.

Cruz made amazing Tomatilla Salsa for me to can for staff presents this year. This stuff is just like drinkable good!

The jar were in the dishwasher and the lids were carefully washed by my sweet husband!

The first set doing their thing

both sets out and ready...(well kind of)

Aren't the pretty!? I am going to make them prettier with a little Christmas-y decorations/tags before I had them out. But I am quite proud of myself.

I had to put several back in to boil longer because the lids didn't seal but I think I got them this time...I am hearing POPing loudly from the kitchen. :) (I think that's a good sign)

No comments: