Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving

We have a million plus reasons to be thankful every year and this year is no different.  We are blessed beyond measure by our Infinite, Powerful, Almighty God.  I am so humbled by His grace and provision.  I can't wait to reflect on this coming year next Thanksgiving :)

We spent Thanksgiving in Enid, OK this year with Jeff's side of the family.  It was a great time and I ate too much from the first night we were there till we left. LITERALLY. It was ridiculousness!  We got to see extended family on both his mom and dad's and stepparents' sides so that was fun. It was the first time many of them had met Charleigh so that's always neat.

Thanksgiving day we had a late lunch in the cleanest garage around :) GP and Ma have an immaculately clean house including their garage.  So we set up for 20 plus 3 tables full of food and we all chowed down.  I took the big kids to see Tangled shortly after the food hit our bellies and LOVED it!  It was in 3D (*which I don't prefer) but it was great!  The kids were perfect in every way and it was a nice get away with them so the adults could visit and ohh and ahh over Charleigh :)

They had a Light Up the Square (or something like that) event that we went to on Friday night and it was a good time.  It was pretty and we were there just long enough.  The free hot chocolate was grand! The kids convinced their Grammy to get them cheap plastic light up toys that they love ;)  Afterwards we walked over to a yummy Italian restaurant where I again ate way too much and suffered greatly the rest of the night.  We went bowling party of 11.  It was a pretty good time, however, I had bragged about beating everyone the last time with a 166 and this time my wrist hurt so bad I couldn't bowl at.all. Serves me right I didn't even break 100. Oh well.  Creighton actually did AMAZING! It was so fun to watch her.
Charleigh rode on my back for a little bit. It was our first ever public attempt with the MOBY on my back.  Jeff said she smiled the whole time, but I don't like it as much as having her safer in my arms!~

Saturday we went to Jeff's dads and had a 25th Anniversary celebration for them! It was quite fun and I had ENTIRELY too many of everything (all appetizer/tailgating food).  Everyone there was decked out in game (OSU) gear with the exception of the 5 of us.  I guess we missed that one.  Anyway, we left mid afternoon to head back and stayed at my parents house in Owasso.  Wrapped up a great break~however, I do LOVE being home and it was so nice once we were able to get all the way back up to the ville!

No comments: