Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve

Well, we are here...at mom and dad's at last. Tomorrow is Christmas! It's so funny how when you are kid that is so exciting and now its really just like another night/day as far as getting excited over presents that is. Of course, I know it isn't just another day as far as what the day represents....Jesus' birth! But, anyway, its just weird to grow up you know? Its even weirder that I have my own kids...yet neither of them have a clue about what tomorrow is either...Jackson so likes opening presents as he has already opened 2 early gifts and then of course has had his fair share of trying to get to many of the other presents under Grammie's tree. My mom's house is beautifully decorated...we didn't put up a single Christmas decoration at our house this year--my mom finally did bring over a baby pre-decorated tree and put it on my entertainment center to "decorate" for us...it was cute...but I wasn't in the mood to drag all the stuff out of the attic just to fight Jackson about it for a month and put it all back up again....no thanks...I had other things to do and many other battles to fight besides that one....we'll try in a few years maybe....

Well, I am exhausted as I was up this morning at 5 for no good reason...Creighton was asleep and I couldn't go back to sleep so I finally woke her up at 6:30 and then went back to bed a little bit before 7 and then the alarm came way too early at 8:15...I hit snooze a lot and finally rolled out of bed at like 8:40....needless to say it was a rushed morning and we were still late--my fault...but it was good and we made it to church just missed the first few minutes only.

There were 2 services tonight,but we didn't go to either...we did get the house cleaned and then we packed up and came to Owasso....

Jeff got the wii for Christmas and has been playing nonstop....ugh...video games.

1 comment:

Maria said...

I am with you on the video games. Last year I thought I was being so nice buying Kevin a PSP after a big win. Little did I know that when we needed to be in the car for 20 minutes, so would the PSP. Doctor's office, PSP. Couch, PSP. It's everywhere!

I, too, think that growing up has changed my feelings about Christmas Eve. It is an exciting time, but for different reasons. I didn't decorate at all this year (I did buy some Christmas napkins though). I can't wait to be in the US for a year when I can really decorate. I miss it. Of course, here we have the Christmas markets to get us festive.

I ramble...

Merry Christmas! :)