Thursday, October 25, 2007

Bowling Nite

Bowling was a blast tonight! I am sad that once again I forgot my camera to have record of it for the blog....it is funny how often I think of taking pictures for the blog! But I do...and often. I meant to record a special post for my 200th post, but now I think I am 205 or something and forgot to do it....so maybe I will try for 250 or 300....I wanted to do it at 100 too and I didn't then either....

Jackson was so funny. He had the little wooden ball ramp and he probably bowled nearly 100 balls, if not more....back and forth, back and forth, and he didn't even really care how many pins, or for that matter, I don't even think he noticed the pins, he just loved putting the ball on the rack and pushing it and running to go get another one. It was so funny....he looked like he was carrying big boulders...it was a 6 pound ball...which isn't much, except that it is 1/5 of his weight...and lets just say that my 10-12 pound ball was a way smaller fraction of my weight and at times I thought it was heavy :) I think he dropped the ball on his toes at LEAST 20 times...I am not sure how it didn't hurt, but it NEVER once fazed him.

Creighton was roaming all around and so it was hard to keep in one area...she is my little miss independent and doesn't really care about what the "crowd" is doing, she just likes to explore...because of that I am exhausted!! They were constantly running in opposite directions. Jeff was a trooper, in that, lots of the parents there just let their kids run wild and at one time he had about 15 or more kids ages 1-6 in two lanes with him and he was like a babysitter, on crack...at least (although he wasn't) that's what it appeared to look like from the outside as he was trying to corral them and keep everyone from getting hurt with balls that were all way too heavy for them (and no one having a clue how to bowl).

**we were there at the bowling alley to say good-bye to a family in town (that happens to own the alley) that is leaving to go to Costa Rica to learn spanish...so there were TONS of kids there (they homeschool and have 6 kids of their own, and so do all of their friends, except us :O))

1 comment:

khowze said...

I like how you clarified that Jeff was not actually on crack!!