Saturday, October 13, 2007

Family Day

One of my closest friends from back in the wild Freshmen days is in town and I had planned to go see her, however, it didn't pan out today and so I will see her tomorrow or Monday. So, I got to spend some really great time together today with my little family. And I had a blast! We ate lunch at McAlesters...mine was delicious and yet the best part besides the sweet tea was the fact that their kids' meals are only $.99!! I can handle that...its much better than the 3-6$ that most other restaurants charge!

Then we went to baseball games (making appearances at youth's events is monumental in their worlds!) and Creighton took a nap and Jackson and I played in the sandbox that some Eagle Scout made for the little kids at the baseball fields.

Then, we went to the soccer games (several kids again!) and played hard during the game. After the game, we were leaving, when Jackson happened to look back at the now empty field and saw a soccer ball that someone left (or no one took)...and so we went to play with it, all four of us. Jackson was in his diaper and a T-shirt and no socks/shoes because it was hot and I had put him in pants and he was sweating. He was running EVERYWHERE for a long time...kicking the ball, throwing the ball, running some more and some more...it was just awesome. Creighton was walking all over the place (she was fully dressed and shoed). I was sweating bullets because I was in my new jeans and a black shirt. But I was having a blast. It was just nice to be able to play together as a family outside and running and with ALL of us together....it was great!

We finally left the soccer fields and then came home to nap. Jackson took an incredibly loooooong nap...so long that I had to wake him up so we could go to Emma Kate's (his best friend) 2nd birthday party. We were nearly an hour late, but like I said I had to wake him up just to be there at that time! Creighton took a short nap and Jeff and I played games.

Emmas party was fun. It was all family and us only, but I sometimes feel like family anyway. I am so thankful for friends that feel like family...and their families that feel like family. I love family!

Then we went to the Mall to get Jackson a costume and I ended up only with Creighton one...and I think she is the cutest little white bunny there ever could be.
Its just been a great day! And the best part is that it was unexpected because I wasn't planning on being in Bville today at all...so that was great!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Golly gee my little girl is so stinking cute!!

Anonymous said...

So glad you all had a great day. Hope your week is awesome.
Will holler at you soon.
love yall

Anonymous said...

Glad yall had a great day!
Hope your week is awesome as well.
Will holler at you soon,
Love you guys!

Angel said...

wow what a busy time. and you all are so adorable.
are the kids meals always that cheap?
love the costume.

Courtney said...

The PBJ and grilled Cheese are always .99....there are other things that are 1.99 and up...but you can't beat 99....I love it! and I adore her little bunny costume too!

A Place For Ministry Wives/A Place For Me said...

She is QUITE THE CUTIE!