Thursday, October 25, 2007

A Great Outing...and a little update

Today we went to the Library for story time. We have never done this, only because I have never been brave enough to do so. My friend Kara said she was going and I figured I'd venture out and join her and it'd be a good day to do it because Jeff has a long day at work today and I didn't want to be pent up in the house. So, we got all ready and we got there on time even! (that is a huge feat for me). Jackson was so excited to see Emma Kate, but they didn't come. We were really sad, but we enjoyed the story time anyway. Jackson did pretty well, but he didn't make it to the very end. The last book (they read 5 or 6, plus 3 songs) he left quietly and went to color. That was fine with me. Creighton was a bit squirmy and noisy at times, but did okay as well. They had a good time and Creighton really liked the puzzles. Jackson colored Emma a picture adn it was so sweet that he decided to give it to her. Anytime I ask him who is best friend is, he always says "Emma Tate" and it is so sweet!

I called Kara and we ended up meeting her at the park and they were so excited to see each other! They played very well today (all 4 of them), and then we went to McAlester's to eat...with the $.99 kids meals (and very delicious sweet tea and potatoes). It was nice. Jackson actually did a great job of eating his meal (we've been struggling lately with him eating well), and Creighton ate part of my potato (oh, and a little tub of butter, but that is way gross!) and I was so excited that it all went relatively smoothly!

Today it is beautiful outside! I love it...the sun is hot, the air is cold and it is next to perfect. The only thing I wish would settle down a little is the wind. It is pretty cold when that blows...but otherwise, perfect.

It is a really great day...I was in a funk yesterday for sure, but it seems that a good nights rest does my body well and my mind and my spirit and my mood!

My husband is such a keeper! He cleaned the ENTIRE house on Tuesday (he hired a babysitter to come to the house to watch the kids as he went on his little cleaning extravaganza). It was crazy...a little overboard, but much much needed overboard. He is such an amazing servant to me and our family. I love it that he likes things clean and orderly. I just need to get better and getting them there and keeping things that way...On Wednesday he wasn't feeling well and so he stayed home during the morning and finished doing some things around the house and cleaned the garage too, to finish up the crazy kick he was on. It is so nice to have things a lot more organized and picked up and clean. Way to go Jeff! I love you honey!

Creighton broke through her 4th tooth! She has her front 4 (2 bottom, 2 top) now and the top 2 are pretty noticible although the two on bottom aren't really at all. She looks so different with teeth!

Jackson is talking up a storm and becomming such a BIG helper to me (us)! He loves to help with laundry and dishes and is putting his things away after every meal now...and usually without being told...its truly wonderful! Kara says this phase doesn't last long, but I am savoring it for all its worth right now. His please and thank yous are such a delight to my heart...and yes, now at times he will say "thank you" as opposed to the "thanks" that he normally says.

Tonight we are going bowling and I am super-fired up about it! I really enjoy doing things as a family together and we've never been bowling before. I think Jackson will LOVE it and Creighton will just like the commotion and people ( I hope).

2 comments:

khowze said...

So sorry about the library...I am struggling to find good consequences for Aidan's bad choices and that one really hit home with her. I really need to sacrifice my own desires to get out of the house and let her suffer the consequences more often because missing out on an outing really seems to affect her!! Sorry that it had to affect you all today too, but I am glad you had fun at the library and we can definetly try again next week...unless Addie foils that plan!!

Courtney said...

it really isn't a big deal and i just got finished telling angel that we often have to let some of our selfish desires go (punish ourself) to punish them when they need it *(on the mommy blog)...and so I totally get it! it is fine...i just hated it more for jackson because he was so excited to see Emma...but we got to see you guys anyway...so it all works out. thanks for being a good mom to them by staying home.