Friday, October 5, 2007

Creighton Teal 11 months

I wanted to talk about my sweet baby girl, who isn't so much a baby anymore.



She is 11 months old (as of two days ago) and on her way to being a very big and very independent little girl:

She is talking (babbling) constantly and LOVES to talk on the phone ("Hello" and "Hi" are pretty much all that I can understand at this point).

Her hair is growing long in the back, behind both ears it is to the bottom of her neck.

She got another tooth (on top this time) last night. It isn't really even "above" the gums at all, but it has broken through and is even with her gums...and her one on bottom is growing but still not visible often at all. I figure by Halloween she'll look like a Jack-o-lantern herself with how her teeth are coming in. The one on bottom is the bottom left and the one on top is top right! :)

She is WALKING about 90% of the time and is VERY good at it. She hardly ever crawls much anymore and when she does fall over she gets right back up. She has some incredible balance. (I can't wait to put her into gymnastics in a few years).

She is still in the infant carrier (I think we took jackson out at like 5 months) and has WAY outgrown it by several inches (she gets a new seat for her birthday).

She dances and claps and sings alot!

She loves to swing and be outside.

She LOVES to climb and ON EVERYTHING!

She adores her older brother and wants to do everything he does

About the only thing that reminds me she is still a baby is the fact that she is totally totally 100% in love with nursing...and thus, I am. I have no idea when I will stop with her...all along I thought I'd be done at a year, but right now, I doubt that. If ever she decides she is done, I will be fine with quitting but as long as she is okay with it and wants it (to a certain degree) I am okay with it. (It is much easier to be that way about it now that I can eat whatever I want and nurse at the same time).



It is weird, because I want her to grow up, but at the same time, she is my baby, my last one and I want to cherish this time. It is funny because the age she is at now, I was so pregnant with her while Jackson was at this age, I didn't really enjoy it nearly as much as I am now. (I am not a good pregnant person). She is beautiful and for themost part a VERY happy little girl...albeit a little (lot) spoiled. I love her with all that I am. She delights my heart, and brings me joy and I just can barely get enough of her. She certainly has her moments when she frustrates me too, like when she refuses to nap, when she HAS to be held all the time, when she only wants me when I have a million things to do and can't hold her, when she wakes up A LOT in the middle of the night...but she is my baby...my sweet baby girl! I never wanted a girl. Ever. But I am so thankful that God knew better. God made her so special...and then he entrusted her to me. (and Jeff too). I am so thankful for her. I am enjoying her so much.

Here is a funny video of her dancing in the beginning with a little bit of Jackson dancing and rocking and then of her walking and then at the end Jackson smacks her with his guitar by accident...she recovered quickly...she is SO tough...thank heavens! (excuse the messy living room, we were having a GOOD time!) :)


6 comments:

khowze said...

Very cute!! She is a sweet girl. I can't believe this time a year ago we were awaiting her arrival and now I am as big as a whale waiting for my sweet girl to get here. Time flies!

Courtney said...

you aren't as big as a whale silly! you look great. and i can't wait to meet addie. i am curious if she'll have brunette hair with red highlights...then you'd have a red, blonde and a brunette...and that'd be awesome.

Anonymous said...

OMG!She is so beautiful!...they both are.
I cant wait to see you guys again soon, hopefully.

Maria said...

It's amazing how resilient kids are! :)

A Place For Ministry Wives/A Place For Me said...

She's adorable!!!

Angel said...

your baby girl is just as sweet and beautiful as her mommy!