Friday, October 26, 2007

Pumpkin Patch Pics!

Shay's Landscaping puts on this version of the Pumpkin Patch every year I guess, but I had never heard of it, nor have I ever been to one that I can recall in all of my 27 years. They had a really nice little playground that my kids loved. They had a pony named Byron, that you'll see at the end. They had a maze of hay, but it was pretty muddy so we didn't spend too much time there. Then you rode a tractor/hayride out to the "patch" to pick out your pumpkin. It was fun. We ended up buying 3 little $.50 pumpkins only, and a pony ride (and 3 cookies).

Grammy and Pop took us to the Pumpkin Patch! We had a great time there, although we didn't end up getting a pumpkin (atleast not a big one) because most of them were not pretty.

We tried very hard to get them to sit still for a photo together, but it wasn't in their plans that day, this is one of the best ones we have of them together...isn' that sad? But there are some cute ones,...just not together...here they are.

Creighton decided all that walking was a bit tiring for her...she needed a rest...thought it was funny! Jackson wasn't in the mood for pictures that day...but I thought this one turned out nicely.This is our attempt at a family photo...:)


This is me trying to keep up with Byron the pony and hold two kids (who really didn't want to ride the pony anyway) on the pony as it was moving and occasionally trotting away faster than I could hold onto them. It wasn't worth the $3 it costed Grammy for sure...but it was funny (afterwards at least).


Here is a picture I just love that I happened to snap at just the right moment! You might have to zoom in to see the absolutely adorable look of adoration on Jackson's face ...its priceless.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Looks like a great day!!! I cannot believe you had never heard of or been to The Pumpkin Patch. I guess this is really the first year Jackson could really enjoy it. We have a pumpkin patch here, but I have not taken the kids. It's strange because it is in the middle of the city.

Hannah E. said...

Great pics. By the way, thanks for the input on that Bible study. There's a girl who's going to teach for us in the spring, but she doesn't know yet what she's going to teach, so I told her about that study and what you said. So maybe we'll offer that one. It sounds good! Thanks for the recommendation! And I was excited to hear how God used that in your life. Hope we can catch up soon!