Monday, October 1, 2007

Volleyball

My reason for writing the post about volleyball was because my girls played like absolute poop on Saturday. I was just dumbfounded by their efforts and their attitude and their lack of mental strength to pull it together at all, for the ENTIRE day. They played horribly! We could have easily won the entire tournament but instead we ended up DEAD LAST (tied for last actually, but at that point, we may as well just claim it)! For matches we ended up 1-4 for the day, but for games we were 4-8. Every match except one went 3 games. We held up the entire tournament because they played so bad that we had to go to 3 games each match and then because we lost to the worst team there it ended up that we had to play 2 playoff games to see who would go to Championship bracket and who would go to Consolation Bracket. It was awful. We went from being tied for 2nd in our pool (1st and 2nd go to Championship) to getting beat in the semifinals for the Consolation Bracket to a team we have beaten 3 times this year (who aren't very good at all). It was embarassing and to say the very least, it was a waste of my time. I would much rather have spent time with my family. I was very angry. It was a disgrace to the game of volleyball and to the amount of time and energy I have put forth (and they too for that matter) over the last 2 months.
They have a game today and I am not even going to it. It is 3 hours away and Jeff has lots going on and can't get off work to watch the kids. I decided it wasn't worth it to make 3 different arrangments for childcare and to be away from my kids the entire day and night again to go coach them for 45 mintues when they might or might not show up to play. I have a feeling I will regret this, but its too late now to change my mind. They leave in 20 minutes. OH well.
We finish the season off tomorrow with our last home game. It will be interesting how they show up and also how they do tonight.
Now we are 10-12 on the season and we can still come out .500 if we win tonight and tomorrow night. We will be 12-12 and I will be happy with that.

2 comments:

Angel said...

i am so sorry your girls are not giving 100%. you are a great coach and mentor and have impacted their lives throughout this season. God has given so many talents and strenghts. I know your love shows through in this game as well. I am envious. congrats on the season almost being over. we should celebrate.

Courtney said...

the girls won tonight. they must have played really really well because they beat them (my first team) 25-6 and then the second string still won 25-22...so that is really good! I am proud of them