Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My birthday

Today was my birthday and it was fabulous. My husband is amazing and wins the husband of the year award for making today so special for me. It started with a card key to a local hotel so I could rest alone and rest I did! It was great. (I think that is the greatest present ever!) Then I was on a scavenger hunt around town with my friend Kara for the rest of the afternoon today. She was my "mystery" person who met me at lunch at Aroma's, a nice Italian restaurant in town. Then from there Mikey dropped off $50 in bville citybux for me to use (and get my next clue) at Something Like That. *I ended up not getting anything though* And, then my next clue was to Maggie Moos where I had an AMAZING chocolate ice cream with mixed in oreos and a waffle cone! It was heavenly for sure. From there Kara and I went to the mall and I did buy two shirts for myself (on sale for $5 each) at the Gap and I bought Creighton an outfit and Jackson a cute shirt. Then the plan was originally for me to have a massage from Samantha Lin, MY MOST FAVORITE MASSEUSE ever!, but she is out of town and didn't get in in time, so it is next week....but that is 100% okay. We came home and I played with my kids *which on top of it all, he watched them all night and day for me so I could sleep/play (and he even got work done with them). Then we went to meet my parents for dinner in Tulsa at Olive Garden. It is my Dad's birthday too! He was sweet enough to go to OG with/for me because he really doesnt' like it...but I LOVE IT...the poor guy....he probably hasn't gotten his way on his birthday in about, oh 27 years (that's how old I turned today)...then we went back to my mom's for cake and it was yummy! IT was chocolate cake with carmel layers inside and choc. icing and carmel and pecans drizzled on the top! I ate about half of it myself. I am very dairied out right now.
We are home and I am tired after a long but amazing day. My heart is full, overflowing with blessings and thankfulness and love. I have great family, great friends, and a great God.

Happy birthday to me!

3 comments:

Maria said...

Hoch soll sie leben!
Hoch soll sie leben!
Dreimal hoch!

OK-- actually they sing Happy Birthday in English more in Germany than Hoch Soll Sie Leben, but I thought a little adventure would be welcome...especially when you don't have to leave your house to get it! ;-)

Betsy said...

Happy Birthday- I guess your kiddos are feeling better?

Sam is...now he has rope burns on his hands from the dog leash...long story- I am a terrible mommy.

khowze said...

Glad you had a great day...I had a lot of fun too. I was honored to be your mystery person!!