Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day , we're back!

We're back and we survived. We almost, however, didn't even get there. I swore it wasn't meant to be because literally FOUR different routes to get to Jeff's parent's house were closed/blocked. It was ridiculous. Creighton screamed her head off roughly the entirety of the trip coming and going. I was a basketcase! Jackson was screaming at me "MOMMMMMEEEEEE" the whole time from the backseat and most of the time he will just watch his movie and be quiet...but no...not on the way down. I dislike traveling with my kids...they just don't enjoy traveling...they hate being in their carseats...hate it. Let's be honest...I don't enjoy driving much either...when I was little we drove all over carnation in the car all the time and I passed the time by sleeping (which is my favorite thing) so it was Okay but I still didn't enjoy the long long hours and the back aches. Anyway, we did get there...

We didn't do much Thursday night but eat and go to bed. The kids both were wiped and somewhat still under the weather and so that was about all we had in us. Jeff started not feeling well either that night and didn't ever fully recover while we were there...but hopefully it has passed because it is super busy for him the next month, starting with tomorrow!

Friday Jeff took me out for my birthday dinner....very sweet and it was fun, and I loved being out wiht just Jeff, and of course, the grandparents wouldn't rather be anywhere else but playing with the kids....so it was a win win for everyone!

Saturday we celebrated with the whole Enid gang for Jeff's Masters! It was uneventful, which in a situation with several divorced sides of family that is ALWAYS the best outcome and kind of event! Jeff got some money which is nice, it will help towards the loan we get to start paying on!

Sunday, Today we went to church and it was good. I must say I was not thrilled to be going to the Presb. church of his grandparents, but I was quite impressed and glad I went. (nothing against Presby, mainly I was wanting to not go to church at all---bad attitude I know)) Anyway, then we had lunch with lots of people and it was actually not near as chaotic as normal and it was pleasant. We dodged out early though to go meet up with Jeff's dad and family and we were only going ot stay for a little bit, but we decided to stay for a while and we just got home a little while ago about 10:30 or so and I am pooped and ready for bed.

I am so thankful to be in MY house...I love being at home....I love it! I love my house, my bed and my things and MY COMPUTER!...but not more than just my home...and my space and my comforts...i am such a homebody...Maria I don't know HOW you do it. Thank goodness God created us all differently!

Hope all of you had a good mother's day! Mine was pretty good. JEff got me a card and traced both the kids' hands in it...it was cute! Brownie points for him. Smiles for me.

Apparently though he has planned something special for my birthday and I am excited to see what it is...scavenger hunt is what I was told...I will tell more Tuesday!

1 comment:

Maria said...

I've always been this way-- on the go-- so it is natural for me. At the same time, my good friend Acrila and I have both been dreaming about our King sized pillow top beds for about a month now. Europeans just do not know what they are missing!!! :)

P.S. I'm sorry your birthday mail is going to be late! It was raining last week, so walking to the post kept getting pushed back!