Sunday, May 6, 2007

Tears, Tears, and More Tears

The Colaw's left today. I have been trying to push back this day and all the emotions that come along with it for a LONG LONG time and so now that today (the day) actually came, it was really hard. They came up to Grace to say goodbye to a lot of folks and I knew that I'd get to say good bye to them there. I shouldn't have even worn makeup...I knew I was going to be crying, but I wore makeup anyway...and as I expected, it all came off!
I kept pushing it off and pushing it off till the very last second still and so I was the last goodbye and I was balling and Becky was balling and Jeff has mascara on his shirt and I had none on my face. I went back into service, only because I had told someone I'd come sit with them, and proceeded to cry (and occasionally sob) my way through the message, through the Lord's supper and the end of worship...ugh!
I hate saying good bye and I am NO GOOD at it. And then, to make it even more ridiculous I watched Facing the Giants (movie) and I cried and I DO NOT CRY IN MOVIES...I have only cried in 2 movies (now 3) in my whole life. I am blaming it only on the fact that I was already emotional...although, I really did like the movie. The acting was next to horrible, but by the end of the movie they bring you in so much to the story/characters that you can ignore it enough---apparently since I was crying!
Anyway, I hate losing friends....not that we aren't friends anymore, but it makes me so sad. I hate it. I wish they weren't leaving but I know this is what the Lord has for them...and they are doing such an awesome job of walking out in faith...and faith alone! The Lord has blessed them and will continue to. He has brought them in and out of so many things and finally has put firm ground under them to stand on...He is good! But I just wish California wasn't so far away.

1 comment:

Maria said...

I feel for you! It seems like every spring, I go through a form of the same as we leave our friends (and city) behind! And then again it happens during the fall!