Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Rainy days, and updates

Fairly certain that I don't live in Seattle, although this week it has felt that way. It has rained heavens heart out this week. Man on man...the little bit of sunshine we did get this afternoon was marvelous. Seriously though the storms have been insane here. Lots and lots of thunder/lightning. Lots of power outages (thank heavens ours was not one of them). It is flooded in lots and lots of areas...people flooded IN their homes. Not ours....just in our surroundings/vacinity. Very sad! Ready for pure summer

Creighton is so funny...she is doing things crazy fast. She went from crawling along (which I think was early anyway) to sitting up and being able to sit up from crawling by herself and she can do situps already...she has the worlds strongest baby abs I think. A six-pack is sure ot come soon :) Anyway, she is just changing and growing and doing it all so fast. Before I know it she won't be nursing anymore and will eat table food and be walking. I just pray her tummy issues go away soon!!!!! She is eating carrots this week...(although I did give her her first biter biscuit and a bite of my banana today (so funny how different (less anal) I am with her than with Jackson)). WE went to the doctor for her 6 mo well baby visit and she weighed 15.8 pounds and 26 1/2 inches long....she is a very long girl I think! She is average weight which is good, because her diet is weird and she really doesn't do much other than breastmilk and she rarely takes a full feeding still to this day...so we are all glad she is growing well...doc says as soon as she outgrows her tummy issues she'll be good to go and will probably gain a little more weight when she's able to eat more than a litlte bit at a time constantly throughout the day (I still feed her like every 2 hours in the day and every 4 or so at night)....I am ready for sure !!!!

Jackson is my sweet little guy. He can be a million miles a minute and as crazy and rambuncious(seriously i have no idea how to spell that) as they come, but then so sweet and mellow the very next minute. He is loud and he is quiet, he is calm and he uncontrollable, he is a little of everything--kinda like his mommy! I have always said the Garth Brooks song is about me "both sides of the fence" (I don't really know the real name of it, but that is what I call it). I think Jackson will be like that too. My college coach once called me a "jack-of-all-trades" and again, I think Jackson will follow suit. He loves details and is so good mechanically already like his daddy. He picks up on this so fast. He can do anything (atleast he is sure of that). He isn't really talking as much as I'd like, but for the most part I can tell what he is wanting/needing...and right now he wants/needs lots of cuddles and I couldn't be more joyous about it. I love it that he likes to cuddle. I am a cuddler...Creighton is not!

Well, I should put some new pics up soon...

1 comment:

Maria said...

Yeah! I want to see new pictures!

It has been raining here the past couple of days too, but the sun is supposed to return tomorrow, and I am glad! I miss going out with the boy. When it is raining, I put a rain cover on his stroller, but holding an umbrella and pushing it while shopping or looking around is not always so easy!