Wednesday, June 25, 2008

$H1+ Happens...

...I just about wanted to hurt Jackson tonight.

I was getting ready for Nikao tonight...which was a themed night--80's Aerobic Workout Night! I typically don't get dressed up, because costumes aren't my thing...but tonight I did. I was so proud of myself too, but thankfully on the same note, I don't think it was documented via video or picture--whew! Anyway, back to my story...

I came out of my room, and thankfully Rae was with me in my room playing NICELY by herself (Praise Jesus! I have to look for the good in the situation, right?), to find my son, who WAS watching a movie NICELY and quietly. He was covered in his own poop. This isn't the first time (the second) that this has happened.

I am seriously beginning to think his nose doesn't function like the rest of the worlds. (I know one of my friend's doesn't work in smelling). It was WRETCHED. He had a pullup on--dang those stupid things and had just pulled it down to his knees, was sitting on the COUCH, and was smearing it everywhere! Why? Why? Why?

The day was going relatively smoothly (great while they were at MDO) and we were all going to be on time tonight, AND I had even made a homemade dinner (with it all packed up and ready to go to eat at church---which NEVER happens on Wednesdays. Ever.). Then, H.A.L.T.

We were at least 20 minutes late. I cleaned him up as best I could, although the kid still stunk (in my opinion). I was livid. But I held my composure with him thankfully. I got him dressed and then told him that I wanted him to remember that we NEVER.PLAY.WITH.POOP. so I spanked him really hard about 5 times. He of course was very upset about this, but certainly not to the extent that I was about it all...

I was useless at Nikao. Thank heavens today is almost over and tomorrow starts anew and also I am leaving at 3 to go with some friends (Christy and Kipplyn) to Arkansas till Saturday...

4 comments:

Maria said...

Maybe he doesn't like sitting in the poop. Maybe it's his way of "telling" you he's ready to learn how to use the potty?

Marci said...

We have been through that a few times throughout the years! YUCK!!

I hope you enjoy your weekend away. I wanted to go, but just couldn't bring myself to pack a bag after just getting back from the long trip.

C said...

I've read that cleaning them with cold water (cold shower is very affective) after will help curtail the behavior. Even if they just stick the old hand down in there, do a quick cold shower or sponge bath.

Otherwise, they get to play and explore this amazing new "play dough" AND they get to spend some extra time with mom soaping them down and making them all warm and yummy smelling.

They love, love, LOVE the feeling and texture (not all kids, but apparently yours is one of the artsie-fartsie scupltures). So, give them plenty of time with clay and similar play things. It's not abnormal behavior at all. They are just exploring. Try to find other ways for them to check out a similar ... er ... texture!

You can also keep them in a onesie type outfit (although, some kids are professional diggers).

Still, I'm reading over and over again that after 2-3 of the cold shower experiences, it tends to stop.

In my case, when I found one of my kids licking it off her fingers while sitting in time out, my scream pretty much took care of it!

Kipplyn said...

Hi Courtney, How was your Saturday birthday? Hope all was a blast!