Saturday, June 21, 2008

Rookies...

Jeff was ordained as a minister earlier this year. Because of that he can now "Marry and Bury." Over the last few months he's been meeting with this couple for pre-marital counseling. Now, today is their wedding. The way it has all worked out has left it as this: Jeff's first wedding (ministering)...I am coordinating (obviously my first time) and Chris (one of our favorite youth guys) is doing sound/tech/lighting and it's his first time for a wedding too! Its all a bit insane...but good at the same time. It's a rookie wedding. We all have a lot to learn and there is plenty of room for mistakes, but we'll see.

The good thing is this...yesterday at the rehearsal we found out that the groom has only been to one wedding in his entire life and the bride...NEVER has been to a wedding. I am not sure how that is possible, but it is. So they really don't know what to expect (which may prove to be a REALLY good thing). :)

However, in all of this process I did find out that I REALLY REALLY like this...a whole lot. It was so fun. I get to help make it all happen and that gets something in me going:) It is SO scary how much I am like my mother...

No comments: