Sunday, November 16, 2008

Pure Bliss

Okay, so I am a little worried about just HOW much I enjoyed my weekend. :)

I took the kids half way to meet Jeff's parents on Friday. From that point on, I have been a new person! Is that even okay to say?

It was a much needed break, I will say that. For the first time in over 3 years it was a possibility for me to sleep in without having to get up to pee or pump or nurse. That, alone, was pure bliss. Everything else was just icing. I am officially spoiled. I need this just about as much as I need the air I breathe.

We are going to pick them up today after church, and I must say that I am not nearly as excited as I know I should probably be. That might be in large part due to the fact that they both have colds, and are a wee bit miserable. So of course I feel a small bit of guilt too for being away and not wanting them back just yet

I baked and cooked...both were yummy!

I blogged in peace.

I did a million loads of laundry (seriously, where do all these clothes and towels even COME FROM?!)

I watched two movies (another post entirely in and of itself)

I hung out with friends!

I hung out with a few of my small group girls.

I slept in twice (kinda)

I played Celine Dion (and is still currently playing) and sang at the top of my lungs and danced around my house in pure joy.

I spoke to about 80 young men (on a panel of course) about purity and marriage. (interesting)

I went shopping and got some incredible deals at GAP OUTLET. (whew, thanks Kara for that 30% extra off.)

I did nothing, and then everything I needed to.

No one needed me or wanted me (Jeff was gone all weekend, by the way)

I can't really think of a better way to have spent my weekend, although I am a wee bit ashamed and embarrassed about my lack of time in the Word. But, alas, I did talk with God...and I know he was with me!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Every mom needs and deserves time to herself like this! I am so thankful that you did get this time--you were so very worn out. (Although I am jealous of the friends that spent time with you...although spending time with me would mean spending time with my kids which would defeat the purpose!)

I am going to my annual conference in Chicago in April. I hate to travel, the conference is work, but oh, how I love those four days of hotel room all to myself. I basically do nothing but eat and sleep. Last year, when Jacklyn was still so little (I had just weaned her), I didn't even shop. I just stayed in my room (I even ordered room service!). I felt so lazy, but it was so needed and so wonderful!