Thursday, July 5, 2007

The Birthday Day and the Zoo


Here is the first picture of Jackson as a 2 year old. He went to church with Daddy about 8 minutes after he woke up...and Daddy looks a little tired too. Happy Birthday Baby Boy!


Seriously, WHEN did Rhinos get SO big. They were HUGE. it had been a while since I'd been to the zoo...


One of Jackson's most favorite things at the zoo had NOTHING to do with animals at all...he LOVED the chains that were in the indoor exhibits. He would run and run and run and then go through all the chains. I was having to chase him all over the place. I finally caught him and was coming back through the last set of chains and Daddy took the picture of us coming back.....I was sweating galore and he couldn't have been more happy.



This is the one we stopped on and as you can tell, it was way more difficult than we had anticipated to get us all looking and in a hole. It was fun though.

That's my little boy monkey for ya.


I did a good job of getting them to look and then I wasn't! AUHH...photoshop anyone?


I was holding Creighton here.
opps


I did get this one that I thought turned out pretty good! Jackson looks tired already and this was like only an hour into the zoo....we were there for 3!



He enjoyed the petting zoo for kids. It took him a little while to get comfortable/brave enough though to pet them and brush them. For some reason they had these balls in there for the animals to play with but the kids weren't suppose to touch the balls, that didn't go over so well with Jax. He wanted to play fetch with the goats...opps!


This was one BRAVE squirrel. Jackson had some goldfish in his seat and Creighton had some crackers. So, while we were in the petting part, he decided to have a snack of his own. I went back to the stroller to get something and he scared me to death. Jeff snapped this...


Creighton was really good at the Zoo. She road in the stroller most of the time but either way she was happy. She was laughing so hard and loud when I put her on my shoulders...it was priceless and this photo doesn't do it near the justice the memory in my mind holds! Here is Jackson kissing bye'bye to the tiger! Isn't he sweet!?


Here is our sweet family photo outside the Tulsa Zoo with the Tiger. We had a good time, this was on the way home and we were ALL tired and ready to be sitting in the car to go home. Jackson and Creighton both were out before we made it out of the parking lot!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE this picture. You both look so cute and I love the way Creighton is looking at you---Sheer Admiration!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Well, guess it helps if I identify which photo I was talking about...The one with you and Creighton and after a second look, YOUR look is sheer love (for her) and hers is just sheer joy!