Thursday, July 19, 2007

Kids growing up!

Creighton is doing a better job of standing on her own and today I was in the bathroom and she just came walking in behind a little push cart as if she'd done it a million times (to my knowledge it was the first). She is SO strong and coordinated already at 8 months. I have a feeling she'll be walking within the next month or so. I have a picture that I took and I think she looks so big and old! I am also trying to download the video to youtube and then I will attempt to put it on here.
I just can't believe she is getting so big, but at the same time they are both growing up so much. Jackson is insisting on using the potty more and more often--and I have NO desire to potty train him right now. I actually would like him to be in diapers because they are easier for me at the moment. I hate public restrooms and he isn't well-behaved enough, nor does he listen well enough for me to want to attempt that venture right now. Of course he would be that kid that potty trains himself despite his moms wishes to wait! What luck, huh?


He is also talking A LOT more and saying or attempting to say just about anything. He is funny about "please" though...he will NOT say it, only sign it! I have tried and tried and the best I get out of him is "ppff" with the please sign of course right along with it. He doesn't really do many signs anymore, just please and occasionally he'll do finished. It cracks me up.


We went swimming tonight in our backyard. Creighton looked A-dorable in her swimsuit and Jackson "swam" without his floaties on. The water was only 8 inches deep at the most...but it was fun for them...Creighton LOVES the water and so does Jackson...I thought we'd have to force him to have fun in the water this summer after his little scare with drowning earlier this summer but he seems to have forgotten, recovered, or maybe it was just a lot more scary for mom than him all along! Either way, he is back and fearless. We are going to the Riverside Waterpark in Kansas this weekend with my sister and her 3 kids and my dad...I am excited. We haven't been yet this summer. I hope it is fun.


I forgot to mention that Jeff got his diploma in for his Masters....its official! Yeah!!!


2 comments:

Maria said...

Amari loves to swim... well, more like splash. Maybe we need a swimming date!

Maria said...

Oh and it is awesome that Creighton is walking! The Boy wants to really badly. LOL! He REALLY gets around crawling now. Oh, the headache...