Saturday, July 21, 2007

Paved Roads

I drove out onto the main road near our house the other day and was thinking how nice it was...it was brand new dark black pavement that was SUPER smooth, no potholes, nothing, but smooth riding road....it didn't even make noise in the car. I liked it...alot. But it got me thinking that I was complaining because it was so pot-hole-y before, and then during the repair I certainly was complaining even more because it was "inconvenient" for me and it took more time and they seemed to have taken forever to finish the project, blah, blah, blah...without ever thinking of what it'd be like when they were finished...and it got me thinking about life and how God does the same thing with us in making us better. We have things in our life that are ugly and obnoxious and not good and so he sets about things to make us better and during the process it seems to take forever and it is hard and awful at times, but then once things are better or fixed you look back and say "wow, this is nice"...and kind of feel silly for complaining so much during the "fixing" because you don't always know exactly how it going to look or be when you are fixed but you have to know that it will all be worth it in the end... All of this was much smoother sounding and prettier in my head and I just don't know how to say things very eloquently, but I like small little glimpses of how God teaches us things today through our world around us...parables of today.

2 comments:

Hannah E. said...

Amen, sister. Thanks for sharing.

khowze said...

Awesome thoughts!!