Thursday, July 5, 2007

Independence Day and Today

We had a great (albeit, long) day yesterday. We drove and met up with my parents and then all piled and packed into the Yukon and drove together to Oklahoma City to go to the Omniplex. It was great! I knew Jackson would enjoy all of the hands on things to do. Creighton has been the best baby lately. She is just so happy-go-lucky most of the time. Here are a few pics of the day from the Omniplex. My brother and his girlfriend, Lacy, and her two little sisters, Taylor and Ryan, also met us there.












Yes Jackson has a Monkey on his back. It has a tail and so it is like a leash. It is the only thing that works with him. It is a necessity sometimes, although he did pretty well most of the time and it wasn't too crowded so we took the tail off and just kept the monkey on for good measure. (just in case).

This is the picture of my mom and Jackson sliding down a HUGE and LONG and FAST slide. I went down it once and I was dizzy afterward. Jackson loved it, I am not certain my mom hated it like she claimed, and she went on it several times...













After the Omniplex we stopped Jeff's Aunt Sherri's to say hello and then we headed back to Tulsa. We stopped off in Jenks and ate at Los Cabos and it was AMAZING. It was a really great atmosphere out there on the Riverwalk too. There were two sets of live music, people dancing, LOTS of people waiting for fireworks, people eating, kids playing in the splash water--it was just great! I love events like that and so I was really dissappointed when I was overruled and we left before the fireworks started up. We saw a ton of fireworks from the car on the way home, but that just isn't the same. Jackson LOVES fireworks and he really didn't get to see any on the 4th of July because it was too hard for him to see from the car...although once we got back to my parents house there were a few going off in her neighborhood, so he saw those for about 4 seconds! Then we got everything back in our car and headed home and the kids went to bed late. Unfortunately they were both up staggered throughout the ENTIRE night. I saw each hour from midnight to 4 on the clock at some point within that hour, adn then I got a bigger chunk till 7, then everyone was up at 8. AHHHH! I am tired. Oh well.


Today we spent the day up to this point cleaning and picking up and mowing. We are still far from finished but I was in need of food and a break. But the kids' rooms and the living room are good to go! I have laundry up to my ceiling in our bedroom and also huge piles in the garage. The kitchen looks as if a tornado came through, and the sunroom, I need a worse natural disaster than a tornado for that to be properly described...but the backyard and front yard are mowed...not edged or weeded or anythign of the sort, but we are making progress...and there was much progress to be made.

No comments: