Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Ear infection Rant and Branson coming

Jeff and I are headed to Branson all alone this weekend. The kids are staying with Terrie and Philip. I am excited!! However, I am taking both kids to the doctor in about 30 minutes because I am afraid Creighton has an ear infection and Jackson has his 2 week re-check from an ear infection he is (prayerfully) over. Oh, man! I was putting in all of our bills in a spreadsheet yesterday (oh what fun on my days without the kids...but seriously as if i'd be able to do it with them home). Anyway, our medical expenses this year *need I remind you that it is only the beginning of the 7th month* totalled $70.69 shy of $3000.00 and I HAVEN'T had a baby this year, nor a major medical catastrophe (Jeff was put in a cast and a boot and with xrays and such with all the visits that was a good amount but nothing to warrant 3000 in 6 months). I was in shock and disbelief! That is where all our money is going...the dumb doctors and insurance companies. I think that a recheck on an ear infection should be in the payment of the original diagnosis. $25 might not sound like a ton, but obviously when you add it up it is a LOT! Between the two kids this year alone I think they've had about 6 or 7 ear infections...and that means 12-14 copays, JUST FOR EAR INFECTIONS! (300-350, plus then the prescription is $10 every time (atleast)) Seriously, I think more and more of the European medical system and begin to salivate!
Anyway, I am excited to be going to Branson to visit old friends(family) and just to be alone with Jeff...hopefully we'll go shopping and eating! Fairy pumped!!!! And, we have a free giftcard to Chilis and OLive Garden too...and we are staying at a friends house or at camp for free...so it's only costing us gas to get there, which I noticed went above $3 again ...of course!
Sorry about my ranting and soapboxes on money...I hate it that our world is run by money...I wish I didn't have to worry about it all the time. I know the Lord will provide...and I am thankful for that. But it is hard to see how much money we are spending and how much we are making...does the color red come to mind?!
Oh well...

And, thanks for all of my comments below. It isn't that I write on this blog for comments, because I don't, but it certainly nice to know who's reading and what you think about my sweet babies! Have a great day all!

No comments: