Thursday, July 26, 2007

Rambling

I have been running a volleyball camp ALL day for the past two days and I am exhausted. It was in Claremore, OK, so I had to over an hour each way and early since the camp started at 8. With Creighton not sleeping well or at all, it made it that much more difficult to be awake and chipper at 6:30 am, BUT I managed and made it through the camp and I made a little over $300 in just 2 days...fabulous! I am sore today though...yesterday I wasn't, but today it is starting to hit me....I am so old and out of shape! OH well, it was fun for the most part. I coached with the old TU coach Matt and so it was good to catch up with him and talk about his new job at a new college in South Carolina at Newberry.

I got a super depressing letter in the mail today (I actually had been forewarned though or I might have literally cried)...that Samantha Lin is no longer doing massages. I am utterly sad for her, on the one hand, because she loves it and can't do it now because she is sick possibly with lung cancer, and two, because I REALLY LOVED HER MASSAGES LIKE YOU COULD NEVER UNDERSTAND. There is NOT another Samantha Lin in all of the world...she was fantastic! I asked for Samantha Lin appointments constantly for every occasion like Christmas, Birthday, Mothers Day, anything ever...all I ever wanted was money to go to Samantha Lin, and now there are no more days of massages....I sound very self-centered and selfish saying all that I know....but the thing is she is still doing accupuncture at her clinic, just not massages, so its like torturous to know she is working, just not doing the most incredible heavenly hour spent every six weeks. I am so sad. I know it sounds like I care more about me not getting massages than I do about her health, but really that isn't true...I love Samantha as a person too...she is really great and we had begun to build a friendship and so I am deeply saddened by her recent health blow...we are still waiting on the results for the biopsy to come back...I am praying for the best for her!

Jackson jumped off the diving board into 12 ft of water, by himself, without floaties...and loved it. I was in the water to catch him and swim him to the side...I was scared to death...but he is fearless about water again! He loved jumping off the side of the pool too....like a champ...I was way more okay with that because I could touch instead of treading water.

Creighton is doing better and slept better last night and actually took over an hour nap today...

Jeff had to take Jackson to the doctor today while I was at camp because he thought he broke his arm...thankfully he did not and only dislocated (again) his elbow. Jeff said he screamed and cried for 2 hours and they reset it and now he is fine. We loaded him up on tylenol though as the doc said he'd be sore for a few days. I hope he is okay! It makes me sad I wasn't here to comfort him, not that I probably could have...but still. It broke my heart I was so far away. I am glad though that it is not broken.

Enough rambles of my day....I am off to dinner with some small group girls! Tomorrow starts two a days practice for my freshmen girls. I am only practicing once a day though because I am the coach and I can do that...the kids are out of mothers day out for 3 weeks shoot me now and so I just can't do more than once a day...good thing they are freshmen :)

2 comments:

Maria said...

If it makes you feel any better, Amari fell off of a bed again tonight. You'd think I would learn my lesson, but no. I still let him fall asleep on a bed sometimes... I feel horrible.

Courtney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.