Sunday, August 26, 2007

A red candle

For quite some time our church has been doing this thing after the sermon where you can light a candle if you wish if God has answered a prayer for you this week. Well, today they added a new addition to that--in that if you, or someone you know, has accepted Christ for the first time, then you can light a red candle. I cannot tell you how emotional I got EACH time a red candle was lit and placed on teh alter...it was amazing! Young kids and older adults...it was fantastic. After several were laid there I asked the Lord for one more....it took like 10 minutes and at the very last second a little boy rose from behind us and came forward witha red candle! I was amazed at the Lord and his sweet and gentleness to that little boy and to me. It was such a neat blessing to me. I had chills and tears for the remainder of our time in worship...I love it! I love it! It was also, just a neat time for me and the Lord...I am so thankful that when things often don't seem to still be 'fresh' and 'new' and alive that they ARE...this world is so much bigger than just me--I needed a fresh and new reminder of that today adn I received it. Thank you Lord

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i love you

Angel said...

Thank You for sharing. A little dose of reality is needed every now and then.

Anonymous said...

hey girl! it is Dana (Hodgeson)Jackson from way back in the day...we played club volleyball together...remember? your blog is so sweet and so refreshing! Check out my myspace page so we can catch up. Glad to see you are doing so well!
Love,
Dana

Courtney said...

Dana, I can't figure out your myspace page, sorry. I remember Danas and Hodgeson sounds familiar and Jackson sounds familiar...but I can't put a face to the name together...sorry. I'd love to connect up, please leave an email or url to your site and I'd gladly find you, or request on myspace to be my friend or something. I don't even know where you live now so that kinda makes it hard. Thanks so much for stopping by though!

Hannah E. said...

Do you have Chris Tomlin's CD See The Morning? In the CD cover, he lists all these Scriptures that use the word "morning" to describe freshness and newness in life. He talks about how powerful of a symbol it is of God always wanting to do NEW things in our lives. What you said reminded me of that. You're so right! That's who God is. I was thinking this week that those verses he listed would be a great springboard into deeper Bible study of the newness and freshness of God. We can study it together sometime, if you want!