Thursday, August 23, 2007

Well, crud!

So today was Jeff's birthday. I wanted it to be so special, but seems that I faulted in that area. The original plan was to send him to TUlsa for an all day at the movies adventure staying there from open to close...that was exactly what he wanted...I should have just stuck with the plan. However the movies that he wanted to see (that he waited all summer to see for his birthday movie day) were no longer at the big movie theater but now all at the dollar movies. Well, I decided to scratch that plan andgo with this:

Sleep in
Get a massage
Go to lunch with Family
Get cards, special cake, a card and art from jackson
Play nintendo while kids napped (and I went to volleyball)
Go to dinner with either me or someone else or family
Go to Discount THeater in Bville to see ONE of the movies he'd waited all summer to see
Then go to dinner on Saturday at a nice restaurant just he and I....

Well, here is how the day really went:
Came to bed at 4am (Jeff)
Sleep in (with Jackson in bed with us)
Decides 10 minutes before massage appt. he didn't want it (a little commotion)
Takes Jackson on a bike ride to Blockbuster (with intention to come home and go to library and lunch after C wakes up)
Neither of those two things happen
Commotion--a little more commotion
Jeff goes to Library alone with a 25 minute time limit and leaves me at home with two CRANKY kids who need to eat, take a nap, a mom who needs to eat, shower, pump, and get dressed and ready for a volleyball game (all in 35 minutes) NONE of that went well, so upon arrival---
COMMOTION CENTRAL
Mom leaves for vball a lot frazzled, Jackson wakes up 15 minutes after I leave, no lunch and no video game time for dad...Creighton wakes up shortly after.
Mom loses volleyball game and leaves gym early to come to eat dinner with family (but that didn't work out AT ALL).

MORE MAJOR COMMOTION LIKE YOU WOULDN"T BELIEVE

Me in tears, Jeff having worst birthday ever
Me leaving to try to figure out how in the world to turn the day around, so I start calling every kid I know to throw an impromtu suprise party (this is 7:20) at 8pm (on a school night) and so I run to Maggie Moo's to get a cake (ice cream cake, yes) and bring it home and there are maybe 6 kids here and 2 came later....

Now the kids are in bed and I am almost finished pumping and I have no idea if he enjoyed it at all because we haven't had the opportunity to talk quite yet amidst all the chaos since all the kids that came (minus the two late ones) came before I arrived...lets just say, I hope he wasn't in his boxers with a trashed house...(he was dressed and the house was mildly clean when I arrived).

Oh man, its been a day...

5 comments:

Angel said...

life doesnt seem to work out as you planned but you are so resilant. your ability to change to accomodate interuptions is inspiring. next week you will look back and laugh. at least next birthday will be better.

khowze said...

At least you wrote him a nice note on the blog!

Courtney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

It was great...
I got to play nintendo from Midnight to 3am
Long day at work today though... :)

Anonymous said...

I hate those kind of days. Sorry it was so crazy.

MW