Friday, September 7, 2007

AHHHH....

I am glad that I realized my need for an eternal perspective with my girls PRIOR to last night's match. They sucked it up pretty good. I was more than a little upset with them after the match. I think I scared them a little. I hope it was just enough and not too much. Going from Division 1 Volleyball to small town Oklahoma High School Freshmen is a super-challenge for me! We had practice today and it went well...I wish it had lasted longer though because we didn't get to everything I had wanted to do...we have a tournament all day tomorrow (and when I say ALL day, I mean ALL day...) we are leaving at 6:45a and probably not returning till atleast 7p. I am really nervous about it, more for their confidence sake than my ego, but only slightly. We are down our best passer and one of our hitters (and a good passer) will be out for most of the day. Oh the terror this brings me!

I am missing my kids because I am gone so much, although they have each done their faire share of driving me nuts at the same time, making it easier than it should be to walk out to practice or games each day. Thankfully Jeff is such an incredible Daddy to them and loves spending time with them and isn't afraid to be with them alone. He is really really great. (thank you baby!)

Today we went on a bike ride all four of us together. I was on Jeff's old bike, and he was on his new one with the two babies in the bike trailer attached to him. It was way fun! I would like to get a bike of my own that actually fits me though, because I can't even reach the ground on his...and I don't feel comfortable riding it. I haven't ridden a bike in so long though, that my butt hurts so bad right now! It was really great to be doing something together as a family though! Ususally Jeff and Jackson go just the two of them....Creighton did great. She actually fell asleep on the way back home even! I should have taken a picture, but I didn't!

I think Creighton is teething ferociously at the moment! She was so cranky today and rather inconsolable at times. I know that is hard on Jeff and he has her all day tomorrow...so pray that she is her happy self for him!

This week has felt crazy, but next week is even worse! Sunday is the normal Sunday-busy, then Monday, I have practice 3-5:30 and then softball from 6-8. Tuesday we have a home game so I am gone 3-8, then Wednesday we have church and the kids are in Mothers Day Out (praise the Lord) and they both have ear rechecks that afternoon and I also have practice. Then Thursday the team leaves at 12 to go to Enid (and me too) and Jeff and the kids (God help them) are driving down seperate to come and we are staying through the weekend till late Saturday and coming back to church on Sunday. Whew...I get tired just thinking about it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there this upcoming week. I am almost done with my crazy busy week and am exhausted. You will make it!!
Talk soon... love yall!

Angel said...

What a busy Mommy/Wife/Friend/coach you are incredible.

Hannah E. said...

Oh, I'm sad you'll be gone next weekend. We're coming in town Thurs-Sat, and I was hoping you and I could grab coffee. Maybe at Thanksgiving?! =(