Wednesday, September 5, 2007

awesomeness

I am just filled with JOY--true JOY. God is awesome. I love it! He has really put some of my freshmen on my heart to really pour into and pray for and minister to and tonight I got to do that outside of volleyball. It has made it ALL (the hours, the no pay, the stress, the tiredness, the losses, the wins, all of it) worth it. It doesn't matter what I teach them really as far as volleyball is concerned...I care, but that isn't what matters most. I am now (I am a super slow learner) realizing that...for the first time.
I am so thankful that the Lord put in me a desire and an ability to play volleyball, because it is with that and through that, that I am making some really neat relationships and really getting to plant seeds...as for the soil, I think it is open and willing, and I am so thrilled to see what happens, even if I don't find out on this side of heaven. I love sports, but to be able to play(coach) AND minister and love on kids who need and want it, now that is just awesome!
6 volleyball players were at Nikao tonight!
Thank you Lord!

2 comments:

Hannah E. said...

YAY! I love this post.

Oh and I'm ok with the beard. I really kind of enjoy it. =) I HATE when he has a goatee or the little chin patch, but it's been a really long time since he's had that, probably since before we were married. Smart man.

Unknown said...

love love love