Saturday, September 8, 2007

One incredibly long day!

I didn't go to bed till 12:45 last night, and I was up at 4am because of Jeff and Creighton (Jeff woke me up, and then 10 minutes later she was crying!) I got back to bed at 5 but never fell asleep and my alarm went off at 6:20 and I was up getting ready (and nursing her again!) and the bus left a little after 7 and we made it there with plenty of time to spare.

My girls were in a really tough pool, but we ended up winning the last game against Broken Arrow's B team. So we finished 3rd in pool. Then we played the first bracket game and won (although they certainly tried several times to give it to the other team...thankfully, we pulled it off.) Then we were in the Championship game for the Consolation (Silver) Bracket...and we WON! We played the BA Bteam that we had beat earlier (soundly) but this time, it wasn't so sound...not even close. We took it to 3 games and missed more serves than I ever though possible....I was shocked that we pulled it off, but we did...and I am one proud coach! They had a long day....I am so tired my eyes are BURNING, but I am happy. I got to spend some GREAT tme with one of my small group girls that joined me for the tournament (to help coach)....and also with some of my girls...I really like them! Sometimes they frustrate me like only another coach would understnad, but I love them....and I love coaching....actually itis a love/hate relationship....sometimes, there is nowhere I'd rather not be and sometimes, I love being there.

We made it home about 8:45...too long too long! Ready for bed very very very soon...hope everyone else around here is!

I pumped so much today I HATE PUMPING! But I must say that I am really rather sad that I have to give "my" pump back to the lady it belongs to (she is having another baby this month). It makes me sad, really sad! I am attached to the dumb thing. It is a VITAL part of my day and a really good excuse to be on the computer :). ...I have pumped twice a day everyday (if not more) for the last almost 2 years or so....I love nursing my babies and it is sad that this time in life is almost over...the thought of giving it back makes me weepy....why is it when I hate pumping so much, I don't know!?


Before the tournament we were 2-5 and now we are 5-7!

6 comments:

Hannah E. said...

Whose pump was it? I'm wondering who from there is pregnant. =)

Courtney said...

Juli Merciez (a boy) due this month

Courtney said...

but there are LOTS here pregnant again (Christy Cook, Kipplyn Summers, Rachel Feria, Kara, Melissa Brinkley, Stephanie ?, Juli, and I am sure I am leaving some major names out...but those are prego for sure...

Unknown said...

How cool is my wife..
Championship!!

Becky said...

I had no idea Juli was pregnant again. Tell her I said congratulations! She must have been pregnant before we left, but I missed that news.

Congrats on the tournament, and I hope you get some good rest!

Angel said...

what an inspiring coach. your girls are lucky to have you.
pregnancy and nursing, oh what fun. i actually miss both. however, the next stage in life will be just as enjoyable. Creighton walking, jackson interacting and growing up. gotta love it.